- 3 cups gluten-free rolled oats
- 2/3 cup brown sugar, packed (may sub coconut sugar)
- 1 ½ tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 cup natural crunchy or creamy peanut butter (or nut or seed butter of choice)
- ¼ cup melted butter (or coconut oil for dairy-free)
- 3 whole eggs
- 1 ½ tsp. pure vanilla extract
- ⅔ cup candy-coated pieces
- ⅔ cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9×13 baking pan or dish with non-stick spray or line with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl combine all of the ingredients except for the candy-coated pieces and chocolate chips. Stir to combine well. May use a standup mixer or hand mixer.
- Gently fold in candy-coated pieces and chocolate chips.
- Transfer dough to prepared 9×13 pan.
- Oil hands and spread dough out evenly into the pan.
- Bake in the oven for 17-19 minutes or until lightly golden brown and center is set. Baking time will vary depending on if using a baking pan or glass dish. Start checking at the 17 minute mark.
- For best results, cool completely before cutting into 20-24 bars.
- Store in an airtight container for up to one week. May also freeze for later.
Bars hold together better after they are cooled. Like any cookie or bar they are pretty ooey gooey in the middle until after they cool for a bit.
- Serving Size: 1 bar of 24
- Calories: 210
- Sugar: 12 g
- Sodium: 150 mg
- Fat: 12 g
- Saturated Fat: 5 g
- Carbohydrates: 22 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 6 g