For the Bowls:
- 1 lb. flank steak (may substitute NY strip or sirloin steak)
- 1 pint (10 ounces) grape or cherry tomatoes
- ½ medium red onion, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 head romaine lettuce, chopped (~10-12 cups)
- 1 large cucumber, chopped
- ⅓ cup pitted kalamata olives, sliced
- 1 cup garlic hummus (or store-bought hummus of choice)
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- Skewers for veggies
- 2 tsp. oil of choice (such as avocado oil or olive oil)
- Lemon wedges and/or torn fresh mint leaves for garnish (optional)
For the Herbed-Yogurt Dressing:
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil or avocado oil
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 1 large clove garlic, finely minced
- ½ tsp. dried oregano
- ½ tsp dried dill
- ½ tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. chopped fresh mint (or ½ tsp dried mint)
To make the dressing:
- Combine all dressing ingredients in a small bowl and whisk to combine. Store in the fridge until ready to use, up to 5 days.
To make the bowls:
- Preheat grill to high heat (about 450℉).
- Pat the steak dry with paper towels and sprinkle both sides with salt and pepper.
- Thread cherry tomatoes and quartered onions onto skewers, brush with the oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- When the grill is hot, place flank steak and tomato and onion skewers on the grill. Grill veggies, turning occasionally, for 5-8 minutes or until onions are softened and tomatoes start to blister.
- Grill the steak for 4-5 minutes, then flip and grill an additional 4-5 minutes for medium-rare (6-7 minutes per side for medium) or until an instant-read thermometer reads 140℉ for medium-rare or 150℉ for medium.
- Remove steak to a plate and cover loosely with another plate, or oil and allow steak to rest for 10 minutes before slicing thinly against the grain.
- While the steak rests, divide chopped romaine between 4 plates or shallow bowls. Top with sliced steak, grilled vegetables, hummus, chopped cucumbers, olives, and feta cheese.
- Drizzle with Herbed-Yogurt Dressing and garnish with lemon wedges and/or torn fresh mint leaves
- Serving Size: ¼ recipe
- Calories: 513
- Sugar: 11g
- Sodium: 819mg
- Fat: 28g
- Carbohydrates: 28g
- Fiber: 7g
- Protein: 37g