For the Bowls:
- 1 lb. flank steak (may substitute NY strip or sirloin steak)
- 1 pint (10 ounces) grape or cherry tomatoes
- ½ medium red onion, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 head romaine lettuce, chopped (~10-12 cups)
- 1 large cucumber, chopped
- ⅓ cup pitted kalamata olives, sliced
- 1 cup garlic hummus (or other hummus of choice)
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- Skewers for veggies
- 2 tsp. oil of choice (such as avocado oil or olive oil)
- Lemon wedges and/or torn fresh mint leaves for garnish (optional)
For the Herbed-Yogurt Dressing:
To make the dressing:
- Combine all dressing ingredients in a small bowl and whisk to combine. Store in the fridge until ready to use, up to 5 days.
To make the bowls:
- Preheat grill to high heat (about 450℉).
- Pat the steak dry with paper towels and sprinkle both sides with salt and pepper.
- Thread cherry tomatoes and quartered onions onto skewers, brush with the oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- When the grill is hot, place flank steak and tomato and onion skewers on the grill. Grill veggies, turning occasionally, for 5-8 minutes or until onions are softened and tomatoes start to blister.
- Grill the steak for 4-5 minutes, then flip and grill an additional 4-5 minutes for medium-rare (6-7 minutes per side for medium) or until an instant-read thermometer reads 140℉ for medium-rare or 150℉ for medium.
- Remove steak to a plate and cover loosely with another plate, or oil and allow steak to rest for 10 minutes before slicing thinly against the grain.
- While the steak rests, divide chopped romaine between 4 plates or shallow bowls. Top with sliced steak, grilled vegetables, hummus, chopped cucumbers, olives, and feta cheese.
- Drizzle with Herbed-Yogurt Dressing and garnish with lemon wedges and/or torn fresh mint leaves
All photos and content are copyright protected. Please do not use our photos without prior written permission. If you wish to republish this recipe, please rewrite the recipe in your own unique words and link back to the source recipe here on The Real Food Dietitians. Thank you!
- Serving Size: ¼ recipe
- Calories: 513
- Sugar: 11g
- Sodium: 819mg
- Fat: 28g
- Carbohydrates: 28g
- Fiber: 7g
- Protein: 37g