Start your day with a Margarita Green Smoothie packed with protein, vitamin C and sunny beach vibes
This post is sponsored by Vital Proteins.
You don’t have to blow out a flip flop or step on a pop top to have an excuse to blend up this frozen concoction.
Our Margarita Green Smoothie is packed with vitamins A and C and potassium. It’s cool, refreshing and a nice change from banana-based green smoothies.
We’ve taken the tropical poolside drink made famous by Jimmy Buffet and made it legal for breakfast and afternoon snacks at work (read: no tequila). We’ve also bumped up the nutrition quotient by adding fresh spinach and cucumber and our favorite Vital Proteins collagen peptides to add protein and amino acids that support healthy skin, hair, nails and optimal digestive function. To learn more about why we think collagen is so great, read our blog post on 5 Ways Collagen Can Improve Your Health.
Product used in this recipe:
About Vital Proteins: Vital Proteins is committed to providing the highest quality gelatin and collagen products sourced from sustainably raised cattle who spend their days munching grass in the sun. The products provide essential building blocks to support optimal skin, hair, tissue, bone and joint health along with digestive and liver support. You can learn more about Vital Proteins, and their entire line of products here.
And when the week is done and you’re ready to kick back and relax, try adding a little tequila for a grown-up green smoothie with health benefits and a little change in attitude at any latitude.
- 1 cup coconut water
- 2 Tbsp. coconut cream (scooped from the top of a can of full-fat coconut milk)
- 3 cups fresh spinach
- ½ large cucumber with peel (may substitute 1 small cucumber)
- 2 limes, peel cut away
- 1 small orange, peel cut away
- ¾ cup frozen pineapple
- 1-2 cups ice
- 1-2 scoops Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides (Buy it here)
- Place coconut water, coconut cream and spinach in the container of a blender and blend for 15 seconds.
- Add the remaining ingredients and continue to process until smooth, adding ice as desired.
- Serve immediately or store in a sealed jar or container in the fridge for up to 24 hours.
Are you a green smoothie lover? We’d love to hear what goes in your blender – Share in the comments below!
This post contains affiliate links, which means we receive a percentage of the sale if you use the link to make your purchase. This does not change the price of the product. This income directly offsets the cost of web hosting and maintenance so we greatly appreciate your support.