Maple Mashed Sweet Potatoes
Today, we have a delicious and oh so simple side dish for you. These creamy Maple Mashed Sweet Potatoes make the perfect addition to any meal whether it’d be a week night dinner or as part of a holiday meal. For a Reboot-friendly or whole 30 friendly recipe omit the maple syrup. The sweet potatoes will provide plenty of natural sweetness.
Make ahead recipe.
This recipe is great because you can make it a day before it’s served. Again, perfect for a holiday menu. Then all you need to do is re-heat and eat. We recommend re-heating the sweet potato mash in a 9×9 glass dish in the oven at 350 degrees for about 15 minutes or until the center is hot. Or if your oven is fully occupied by other delicious foods, feel free to re-heat the mash in a slow cooker.
- 1 1/2 lbs. sweet potatoes or yams (5 medium)
- 1 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- 2 Tbsp. pure maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 cup chopped candied pecans
- 1/4 cup candied pecan, halves
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Bake sweet potatoes for 30-40 minutes or until sweet potatoes are soft to touch. May bake sweet potatoes in microwave for quicker prep or bake sweet potatoes up to 2 days before.
- Remove sweet potatoes from oven and let set for 5-10 minutes.
- Remove skins and add cooked potatoes to a mixing bowl and mash until potatoes reach desired creaminess. May also use electric mixer.
- Fold in remaining ingredients, except for whole pecans. Transfer to small baking dish. Top with candied pecan halves and a dusting of cinnamon. Place back in oven for 5-10 minutes to heat through.
This recipe pairs nicely with a slow cooked pork roast, roast turkey or bacon wrapped chicken breasts. And they’re especially tasty and comforting during the fall and winter seasons!
- Serving Size: 1/2 cup
- Calories: 143
- Sugar: 8g
- Sodium: 200mg
- Fat: 4g
- Carbohydrates: 26g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 2g
Let us know if you give this recipe a try!