Lightly sweet and slightly smoky, these maple-bacon roasted sweet potatoes are really a crowd pleaser! They pair nicely with just about any protein and are delicious when served over a bed of greens and topped with a poached egg.
Feel free to leave out the bacon for a vegetarian option or leave out the maple syrup for a Reboot-friendly or Whole 30-friendly side dish.
- 4 cups peeled sweet potatoes (about 3-4 medium), cut into ½ -inch cubes
- ½ cup thinly sliced red onion (about ½ medium)
- 1 tsp. coconut, avocado or olive oil
- 2 tsp. maple syrup
- 2 slices thick-cut bacon, uncooked, sliced or chopped
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425?.
- Place sweet potatoes and onion in a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Toss with oil and maple syrup.
- Sprinkle uncooked bacon over the potatoes.
- Bake for 20 minutes, stir, and bake an additional 10 minutes or until potatoes are tender and slightly caramelized.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste before serving.