- 2 cups cooked skinless chicken breast, shredded or cubed
- 1 cup chopped kale, packed (small pieces works best)
- ½ cup shredded red cabbage
- ½ sweet bell pepper, diced
- 2/3 cup mango*, diced (may use frozen, thawed)
- 1 large avocado, cubed
- 2–3 green onions (white and part of greens), chopped
- 3 Tbsp. cilantro, chopped
- 3 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. champagne vinegar (may substitute red wine, white wine or apple cider vinegar)
- 1 Tbsp. lime juice
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. organic honey (omit for Whole30)
- Sea salt & pepper to taste
- Black sesame seeds for garnishing, optional
- Whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, lime juice, lemon juice, honey, salt & pepper. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the chicken, kale, red cabbage, bell peppers, mango, avocado, green onions and cilantro. Pour dressing over salad and toss gently to combine.
- Let salad set for 5-10 minutes before serving to allow kale leaves to soften. Divide among 4 plates.
*May sub peaches or pineapple for the mango.
- Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe
- Calories: 370
- Sugar: 14 g
- Sodium: 200 mg
- Fat: 22 g
- Carbohydrates: 20 g
- Fiber: 6 g
- Protein: 23 g