- 18 large eggs
- ⅓ cup milk of choice
- 12 English muffins, toasted if desired (use gluten-free if desired)
- 12 slices bacon, cooked as desired, or 12 ounces sliced ham
- 12 slices cheddar cheese (omit for dairy-free)
- Salt and black pepper
Optional for serving: Fresh spinach, sliced tomatoes and/or red onion, sliced or mashed avocado, hot sauce, red pepper flakes, etc.
- Preheat oven to 350℉.
- Grease a large, rimmed baking sheet with butter. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs and milk. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour whisked egg mixture into the prepared baking sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes or until the egg is set and slightly puffed no longer jiggly in the center.
- While the eggs are baking, place 12 English muffin halves face-up on another large baking sheet. Top each with 1 slice of bacon (cut into 2 pieces) or a slice of ham. Top each muffin with a slice of cheese.
- Using a knife to cut the eggs into 12 equal portions. Top each muffin with an egg patty and the other half of the English muffin. Allow egg sandwiches to cool for 20 minutes before wrapping each one with foil. Place wrapped sandwiches back on the baking sheet and freeze until solid. Transfer sandwiches to a large plastic zip-top bag or another freezer-safe container for storage.
- Store up to 3 months in the freezer.
- From Thawed: Place the desired number of foil-wrapped sandwiches in the refrigerator to thaw overnight before reheating. In a preheated 350℉ oven or toaster oven, heat the foiled-wrapped sandwiches for 20 minutes or until heated through.
- To reheat in the microwave: Remove foil from the thawed sandwich(es). Wrap sandwich lightly in a paper towel and microwave for 1 ½ – 2 minutes or until heated through.
- From Frozen: Place foil-wrapped breakfast sandwich(es) in a preheated 350℉ oven or toaster oven for 30-35 minutes or until heated through.
- To reheat in the microwave: Remove foil from the frozen sandwich(es). Wrap sandwich lightly in a paper towel and microwave for 3 minutes or until heated through.
- Serve with fresh spinach, sliced tomatoes and/or red onion, sliced or mashed avocado and/or hot sauce if desired.
- Serving Size: 1 sandwich with bacon and cheese
- Calories: 319
- Sugar: 2
- Sodium: 552
- Fat: 14
- Saturated Fat: 6
- Carbohydrates: 30
- Fiber: 2
- Protein: 18
- Cholesterol: 232