- 6 oz pink or ruby red grapefruit juice (freshly squeezed from 3–4 large grapefruits or bottled)
- 3 oz tequila*
- 1 – ½ oz fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp honey (Optional; may substitute with agave nectar or a few drops of liquid stevia for vegan)
- Sparkling water (Optional)
- Coarse salt for glass rims (Optional)
- Juice the grapefruits and limes. Pour juice into a jar or small pitcher.
- Stir in honey, if using, and tequila. Stir to mix.
- To salt rims of glasses: Pour a small amount of coarse salt into a shallow dish. Rub a slice of freshly-cut lime along the rim of each glass. Invert glass onto the dish and twist the glass side to side a few times to coat the rim with salt.
- Add ice to glasses and pour Paloma over ice leaving enough room to add a little sparkling water to the top, if desired. Serve immediately.
To make ahead: Combine grapefruit and lime juices, honey (if using), and tequila. Store in the fridge up to 3 days. Add sparkling water just before serving, if desired.
*To make as a mocktail: Omit tequila and replace with additional lime juice or sparkling water
- Serving Size: ½ recipe
- Calories: 143
- Sugar: 7g
- Sodium: 15mg
- Fat: 0g
- Saturated Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 35g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: og