- ⅔ cup (110g) Wholesome Allulose Zero Calorie Granulated Sweetener or 1/2 cup coconut sugar or cane sugar
- 1 cup (6 ounces or 168g) chocolate chips, divided (we used sugar-free chocolate chips for a low sugar option)
- ¼ cup (56g) coconut oil
- 1½ tsp. peppermint extract (or vanilla extract)
- 2½ cups (300g) finely ground almond flour
- ¼ cup + 2 Tbsp. (40g) cocoa powder
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- 2 large eggs*
- Preheat the oven to 350℉. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking liners.
- In a small saucepan over medium-low heat, combine ⅔ cup chocolate chips and coconut oil. Stir continuously until just melted and smooth (you don’t want the chocolate to be too hot). Remove from heat and stir in peppermint extract. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the almond flour, Allulose granulated sweetener, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt.
- To the bowl, add the melted chocolate and eggs. Mix to combine well. Fold in the additional ⅓ cup of chocolate chips (make sure the dough isn’t too warm otherwise the chips will melt).
- With a spatula, scoop the dough (about 2 Tbsp.) into balls and drop them onto the prepared baking sheets. The dough will be slightly sticky and you should end up with about 22 balls.
- With slightly wet hands, press the dough to form into cookies about ¼-inch thick (dough will not spread out much with baking). Top each cookie with a couple of additional chocolate chips if desired, slightly press them into the dough.
- Bake the cookies in a preheated oven for 11-13 minutes, rotating the pans from front to back and top to bottom halfway through baking time. Remove cookies from the oven and allow them to cool on the baking sheets for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
*For an egg-free (vegan) option: Mix 2 Tbsp. flax meal + 7 Tbsp. water and allow the mixture to sit for 5-10 minutes to thicken before adding to the flour and chocolate mixture.
Cookies may be stored in a covered container on the counter for up to 5 days or frozen for longer storage.
- Serving Size: 1 Cookie
- Calories: 139
- Sugar: 1g
- Sodium: 70mg
- Fat: 13g
- Carbohydrates: 11g
- Fiber: 7g
- Protein: 4g