- 2 cups cubed and peeled sweet potatoes, cut into ¼-inch cubes (about 1 large or 2 medium)
- 1 Tbsp. cooking oil (coconut oil, olive oil or avocado oil)
- ½ cup thinly sliced red onion (about ½ small onion)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups kale, tightly packed, washed and torn with tough stems removed (about 1 bunch)
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Avocado, fried eggs, Lemon wedges, optional
- Heat oil in a large skillet placed over medium-high heat.
- Add sweet potato and onion. Sauté, stirring occasionally, for 5-8 minutes or until onions and potatoes start to soften a bit.
- Add garlic and cook an additional 30 seconds or until fragrant.
- Add 2 Tbsp. water and cover with a lid. Cook additional 3-4 minutes or until potatoes are just about done.
- Add kale, toss well and continue to cook for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until kale is wilted and tender.
- Remove from heat, season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve with lemon wedges, avocado slices or a fried egg, if desired.
- Serving Size: 1/4 recipe
- Calories: 133
- Sugar: 5g
- Sodium: 65mg
- Fat: 4g
- Carbohydrates: 22g
- Fiber: 5g
- Protein: 4g