- 1 lb. lean ground turkey (may substitute ground beef or chicken)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil or avocado oil
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- ½ medium onion, diced
- 1 small red bell pepper, diced
- 1 small zucchini or yellow squash, diced
- 1 medium carrot, diced
- 2 Tbsp. chili powder
- 1 Tbsp. ground cumin
- Dash of cayenne (optional)
- 1 (15-ounce) can tomato sauce + 1 can of water or broth
- 1 (15-ounce) can crushed or petite diced tomatoes
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup corn, frozen
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Optional: Diced avocado, chopped cilantro, shredded cheese, sour cream or Greek yogurt and/or lime wedges for serving
- Select ‘Saute’ on the Instant Pot and add the oil. Once the oil is hot, add ground turkey, garlic, onions, bell pepper, zucchini (or yellow squash), and carrots and sauté for 7-9 minutes or until meat is cooked and no longer pink.
- Add chili powder, cumin, cayenne (if using), tomato sauce, water or broth, crushed (or diced) tomatoes, black beans, and corn. Stir to combine. Lock lid into place and flip valve to sealing position.
- Cook on high pressure for 15 minutes. Allow for 10-15 minutes of natural pressure release before flipping value to venting position to release any remaining pressure.
- Remove lid. Stir and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serving Size: 1 ⅓ cups
- Calories: 283
- Sugar: 9g
- Sodium: 575mg
- Fat: 8g
- Carbohydrates: 33g
- Fiber: 9g
- Protein: 22g