- 1 lb. lean ground beef, chicken or turkey
- 1 Tbsp olive oil or avocado oil
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- ½ medium onion, diced
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 1 small zucchini, diced
- 1 medium carrot, diced
- 2 Tbsp. chili powder
- 1 Tbsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 (15-ounce) can tomato sauce + 1 can of water or broth
- 1 (10-ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chiles (or 15 oz. can fire roasted tomatoes)
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup corn, frozen
- 1–2 limes, juiced (~1/4 cup)
- 1/2 cup sour cream or Greek yogurt
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Optional toppings: Diced avocado, chopped cilantro, green onion, shredded cheese, sour cream or Greek yogurt and/or lime wedges for serving
- Select ‘Saute’ on the Instant Pot and add the oil. Once the oil is hot, add ground beef, garlic, onions, bell pepper, zucchini, and carrots and sauté for 7-9 minutes or until meat is cooked and no longer pink.
- Add chili powder, cumin, oregano, tomato sauce, water or broth, diced tomatoes, black beans, and corn. Stir to combine. Lock lid into place and flip valve to sealing position.
- Cook on high pressure for 15 minutes. Allow for 10-15 minutes of natural pressure release before flipping value to venting position to release any remaining pressure.
- Remove lid. Stir in sour cream and lime juice and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with toppings of choice.