- 3 slices uncured bacon, diced
- ½ large yellow onion, diced
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 celery ribs, diced
- 8 ounces cremini mushrooms, stems removed and sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced (may substitute 1 tsp. garlic powder)
- 1 lb. ground turkey (may substitute ground beef)
- 2 tsp. Dried Italian Seasoning (such as Simply Organic)
- 2 tsp. Balsamic vinegar
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 tsp. salt plus more taste
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes (optional)
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped (optional)
- Shredded parmesan cheese, optional (omit for Whole30)
- Select ‘Saute’ function on the Instant Pot. When the pot is hot, add bacon and cook 3-4 minutes or until bacon starts to get crispy and fat has rendered out.
- Add onion, carrots, celery, and mushrooms. Stir into fat in the bottom of the pan. Cook for 4-5 minutes or until the veggies start to soften. Add garlic and ground turkey and cook an additional 5 minutes or until turkey is almost cooked through.
- Add Italian seasoning, balsamic vinegar, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, and salt. Stir to combine.
- Select ‘Cancel’ then lock the lid into place, flipping the vent valve to the ‘Sealing’ position.
- Cook for 11 minutes on ‘Manual’ or ‘High Pressure.’ Allow for 10 minutes of natural pressure release before flipping the vent value to ‘Venting’ and removing the lid when safe to do so.
- Stir, taste and seasoning with additional salt, black pepper, and red pepper (if using) to taste. Stir in fresh parsley and top with shredded parmesan cheese, if desired.
All photos and content are copyright protected. Please do not use our photos without prior written permission. If you wish to republish this recipe, please rewrite the recipe in your own unique words and link back to the source recipe here on The Real Food Dietitians. Thank you!
- Serving Size: 1 ⅓ cups
- Calories: 237
- Sugar: 9g
- Sodium: 342mg
- Fat: 9g
- Carbohydrates: 17g
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 25g