- 2 tsp. ghee or coconut oil
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 ½ lbs. chicken breast, cubed
- 1 medium-large sweet potato, cubed (~2 cups)
- 1 red pepper, sliced or diced
- 2/3 cup chicken broth
- 3 Tbsp. curry powder
- 1 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. ground turmeric
- ½ tsp. cayenne
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1 can (14 oz.) full fat coconut milk
- 2 cups frozen green beans
- Cashews, cilantro & cauliflower rice for serving
- Set your Instant pot to the saute setting. Add the ghee, onion, and garlic and saute until onions are translucent.
- Then turn to manual setting and set temp to high. Add the chicken, sweet potatoes, red pepper, broth, curry, cumin, turmeric, cayenne and sea salt. Seal the instant pot and set time for 12 minutes.
- Once time is up, release the pressure by switching from seal to vent. Once pressure is released, remove lid and turn Instant Pot to saute setting. Stir in the coconut milk and frozen green beans and let cook for an additional 2-3 minute or until the green beans are heated through.
- Meanwhile, saute cauliflower rice in a skillet on medium heat with 1-2 tsp. of ghee. Saute until warm and cooked through. Length of time to saute cauliflower rice will depend on if it is in a fresh or frozen state.
- Serve over cauliflower rice and top with cashews and fresh cilantro.
Slow Cooker Instructions:
- In a slow cooker, add the sautéed onions and garlic, chicken, sweet potatoes, red pepper, green beans, chicken broth (1¼ cups), spices, salt, and pepper. Cook on high for 3-4 hours. Add coconut milk and cook on low for an additional 30-60 minutes or until hot.
**For a thicker curry – mix together 2 Tbsp. of water with 1 Tbsp. tapioca starch. While instant pot is on the saute setting, stir into curry after the coconut milk is heated through and let set for a few minutes to thicken.
- Serving Size: 1/6th of recipe
- Calories: 335
- Sugar: 6g
- Sodium: 540mg
- Fat: 17g
- Carbohydrates: 17g
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 28g