- 2 tsp. cooking fat of choice such as olive oil or avocado oil
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 ½ lbs. chicken breast, cubed
- 1 medium-large sweet potato, cubed (~2 cups)
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced or diced
- 2/3 cup chicken broth
- 3–4 Tbsp. curry powder
- 1 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. ground turmeric
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt, more to taste
- 1 can (14 oz.) full fat coconut milk
- 2 cups frozen green beans
- Cashews, cilantro, lime wedges & cauliflower rice, or rice of choice for serving (omit cashews for nut-free)
- Set your Instant Pot to the sauté setting. Add the ghee, onion, and garlic and saute until onions are translucent.
- Then turn to high pressure. Add the chicken, sweet potatoes, red pepper, broth, curry, cumin, turmeric, cayenne, and sea salt. Seal the Instant Pot and set time for 10 minutes.
- Once the time is up, release the pressure by switching from seal to vent. Once pressure is released, remove the lid and turn Instant Pot to the sauté setting. Stir in the coconut milk and frozen green beans and let cook for an additional 2-3 minutes or until the green beans are heated through. Add additional curry powder and salt to taste.
- Serve over cauliflower rice, regular rice, or greens and top with cashews, lime wedges, and fresh cilantro.
**For a thicker curry – mix together 2 Tbsp. of water with 1 Tbsp. tapioca starch or arrowroot powder. While instant pot is on the saute setting, stir into curry after the coconut milk is heated through and let set for a few minutes to thicken.
- Serving Size: 1/6th of recipe
- Calories: 335
- Sugar: 6g
- Sodium: 540mg
- Fat: 17g
- Carbohydrates: 17g
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 28g