- 4 cups stale or toasted gluten-free bread, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 6 ounces organic raspberries, rinsed and patted dry
- 4 large eggs
- 1 ¼ cup milk or non-dairy milk of choice
- 1 Tbsp. maple syrup
- 1 ½ tsp. pure vanilla extract
- ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp. ground cardamom (optional)
- 2 tsp. organic cane sugar or coconut sugar
- Butter or coconut oil
- Maple syrup for serving
- Optional: Vanilla yogurt, whipped cream or non-dairy whipped topping
- Place the stainless steel inner pot into the Instant Pot and add 2 cups of water to it. Select the ‘Saute’ feature. This will start to warm the water inside the pot to help decrease the amount of time it takes for the Instant Pot to come up to pressure once you’re ready to cook.
- Place the handled rack insert into the inner pot.
- Grease a 1 ½ – 2 quart round baking dish (a souffle dish or springform pan less than 8 inches in diameter is ideal for this) that will fit into the inner pot of the Instant Pot.
- To the dish, add bread cubes and raspberries. Toss gently to combine.
- In a small bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, maple syrup, vanilla, cinnamon, and cardamom (if using). Pour over bread and raspberries in the baking dish. Use a spoon to gently press bread-egg mixture into the pan to ensure the liquid mixture penetrates the bread. Allow it to rest 3-4 minutes.
- Select ‘Off/Cancel’ on the Instant Pot. Cover top of baking dish with foil. Use additional foil to fashion a strap or handle which will run under and up along the sides of the baking dish to make it easier to remove the dish from the Instant Pot later.
- Gently lower the dish by the foil handles onto the rack in the bottom of the Instant Pot.
- Secure Instant Pot lid in place and flip pressure valve to ‘Sealing’ position.
- Select the ‘Manual’ or ‘Pressure Cook’ function and adjust cooking time to 17 minutes (I use 19 minutes because I live at 5500 feet above sea level)
- When cooking time is up, use quick release to release the pressure.
- Turn broiler to High and place oven rack 6-8 inches below broiler element.
- Remove baking dish from Instant Pot using foil handles. Carefully remove foil covering and sprinkle casserole with sugar. Place under broiler for 2-3 minutes or until top is nicely browned.
- Serve with additional berries, maple syrup, and yogurt or whipped cream/topping, if desired.
All photos and content are copyright protected. Please do not use our photos without prior written permission. If you wish to republish this recipe, please rewrite the recipe in your own unique words and link back to the source recipe here on The Real Food Dietitians. Thank you!