- Bones from 1 3-4lb. chicken
- 2 medium carrots, scrubbed and cut in half
- 1 medium parsnip, scrubbed and into large chunks (may substitute more carrots, if desired)
- 3 celery ribs (or ends and leaves to equal 1 cup)
- 1 large yellow onion, quartered with skin and root end in tact
- 6 cloves of garlic, lightly smashed
- 1 bay leaf
- 8-10 peppercorns
- Handful of fresh herbs (sage, rosemary, thyme and/or parsley; optional)
- 1 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- Sea salt to taste
- Place bones, vegetables, aromatics, peppercorns, herbs (if using or leftover from your Whole Chicken) and vinegar into the pot of the Instant Pot.
- Add enough water to just cover the bones and vegetables in the pot.
- Wipe rim of insert dry with a towel. Place lid on Instant Pot and lock into place.
- Flip vent valve to ‘Sealing’.
- Select ‘Manual’ setting and adjust the time to 120 minutes.
- When cooking is done, allow pressure to release naturally (10-20 minutes).
- Release any residual pressure using the vent valve before removing the lid.
- Allow broth to cool before straining into jars for storage.
All photos and content are copyright protected. Please do not use our photos without prior written permission. If you wish to republish this recipe, please rewrite the recipe in your own unique words and link back to the source recipe here on The Real Food Dietitians. Thank you!