- 1 medium cauliflower (about 6–7 cups of riced cauliflower)
- 1 Tbsp. Pure Indian Foods Primal Fat Coconut Ghee (may substitute coconut oil* or plain ghee)
- ¼ cup water or broth
- ¼ tsp. sea salt + more to taste
- 1–2 green onions, chopped (optional)
- Parsley, chopped (optional)
- Trim leaves from cauliflower and using your hands or a small paring knife, break cauliflower into small florets.
- Rinse florets in a colander in the sink under cool running water. Pat dry.
- Fit food processor with the shredding blade (if you have one) or use the standard chopping blade. If you don’t have a food processor you can grate the cauliflower by hand using the large holes of a box grater.
- If using the shredding blade, drop the florets into the chute of the processor lid while the motor is running. If using the chopping blade, fill bowl of food processor about ⅓ full and pulse several times until cauliflower resembles individual grains of rice (being careful not to over process). If using a box grater, carefully grate the cauliflower and enjoy the mini-workout.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add PrimalFat Coconut Ghee. Once melted, add cauliflower rice and saute for 4-5 minutes, stirring frequently. Then add water or broth, cover and cook for an additional 3-4 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in green onions and garnish with parsley if desired.
- Remove from heat and season with salt and pepper to taste.
*Use coconut oil for vegan-friendly and dairy-free option.
All photos and content are copyright protected. Please do not use our photos without prior written permission. If you wish to republish this recipe, please rewrite the recipe in your own unique words and link back to the source recipe here on The Real Food Dietitians. Thank you!
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 56
- Sugar: 3g
- Sodium: 130mg
- Fat: 2g
- Carbohydrates: 8g
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 3g