- In a medium saucepan over low heat, combine the sunflower seed butter and honey and stir constantly until melted together.
- Remove from heat and add the crisp rice cereal and stir until well combined.
- Fold the coconut and sunflower seeds into the cereal mixture.
- Spread onto a parchment paper-lined baking sheet and place in the freezer for 5-8 minutes or let the mixture cool on the baking sheet on the counter for about 10-15 minutes or until it’s cool enough that the chocolate chips will not melt.
- Add the peppermint essential oil, if using, and chocolate chips the gently fold everything together.
- Using your hands, firmly press into a rectangle roughly 9×12 inches.
- Bars will keep up to one week in a covered container in the fridge (or freeze for longer storage).
All photos and content are copyright protected. Please do not use our photos without prior written permission. If you wish to republish this recipe, please rewrite the recipe in your own unique words and link back to the source recipe here on The Real Food Dietitians. Thank you!
- Serving Size: 1 bar
- Calories: 192
- Sugar: 10g
- Sodium: 83mg
- Fat: 11g
- Carbohydrates: 19g
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 6g