- 2 tsp. avocado oil or olive oil
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 10 oz. sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- 10 oz. Yukon gold potatoes, cubed
- 2 medium carrots, diced
- 2 ribs celery, diced
- 2 (14 oz.) cans fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 6 oz. can tomato paste
- 1 quart beef broth + additional if needed
- 1 ½ Tbsp. Italian Seasoning
- 1 tsp. sea salt (plus more to taste)
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- 8 oz fresh green beans, cut into 1-inch pieces (can also use frozen green beans)
- 2 cups packed kale, chopped and tough stems removed
- In a large skillet over medium heat add the oil. Once hot add the ground beef, onion, green pepper and garlic cloves. Saute until ground beef is no longer pink.
- Next add everything to the slow cooker except for green beans and kale.
- Cook on low for 8-9 hours or on high for 4-5 hours.
- With about one hour of cooking time left, add the green beans and kale. If you prefer your soup to be thinner, feel free to add additional broth at this time. Cook until the green beans are tender.
- Taste and season as needed before serving.
Instant Pot Directions:
- Select ‘Saute’ on the Instant Pot and add the oil. Once the oil is hot, add ground beef, garlic, onions, and bell pepper, sauté for 5-7 minutes or until meat is cooked and no longer pink.
- Add the rest of the ingredient except for the kale and green beans if using frozen. Note: add 2 cups of broth vs. 1 quart. Lock the lid into place and flip valve to sealing position.
- Cook on high pressure for 10 minutes. Allow for 5-7 minutes of natural pressure release before flipping value to venting position to release any remaining pressure.
- Remove lid. Turn the instant pot to sauté and stir in the kale and frozen green beans. Continue to cook until kale is tender.
- Serving Size: 1 3/4 cup (1/6 of recipe)
- Calories: 350
- Sugar: 13 g
- Sodium: 850 mg
- Fat: 7 g
- Saturated Fat: 2 g
- Carbohydrates: 47 g
- Fiber: 7 g
- Protein: 24 g