- 1 cup almond flour, packed
- 1/2 cup coconut flour, packed
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 2/3 cup peanut butter (for paleo-friendly or peanut-free sub any nut/seed butter of choice)
- 3 Tbsp. coconut oil, melted
- 1½ tsp. pure vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
For the melted chocolate:
- In a bowl, combine all of the dough ingredients. If peanut butter or nut butter is on the thicker side, heat slightly over medium-low heat along with coconut oil until it achieves a smooth flowing consistency.
- Once dough is mixed well, place in fridge for 15 minutes.
- Roll dough into 24 balls, about 1 heaping Tbsp. of dough per ball.
- Place on a sheet pan or plate lined with parchment paper.
- Place dough balls back into fridge for another 15 minutes.
- Over medium-low heat, add chocolate and coconut oil. Stir continuously until chocolate is melted and smooth.
- Remove dough balls from fridge and dip all but the top of the ball into the chocolate. A toothpick works great for dipping.
- If desired, drizzle with leftover melted chocolate and top with a little course sea salt.
- Serve chilled if possible.
- Allow the chocolate to set and then store the Healthy Buckeyes in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
- You can also freeze them if you wish. Remove from the freezer and place in the fridge the day before you plan to serve them.
- Serving Size: 1 treat
- Calories: 100
- Sugar: 6 g
- Sodium: 25 mg
- Fat: 6 g
- Carbohydrates: 10 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 2 g