For the Salad:
- 1/2–1 Tbsp. olive or avocado oil
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and cubed (about 2 cups; may substitute butternut squash)
- ½ small red onion, thinly sliced
- Sea salt & pepper to taste
- 5 oz. bag of fresh spinach or mixed greens
- ¼ cup dried cranberries (Made in Nature)
- 1pear or apple, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup pecans or walnuts, chopped & toasted if desired
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta or soft goat cheese (OMIT for Whole30)
- 8–10 oz. sliced chicken breast, grilled or baked
For the Citrus Vinaigrette (makes ~10 servings):
- Preheat oven to 400℉.
- Place sweet potato cubes and sliced onions on a large rimmed baking sheet. Toss with oil. Bake 20-25 minutes, stirring once or twice, or until tender and slightly caramelized. Remove from oven, season to taste with sea salt and pepper and allow to cool slightly.
- While the sweet potatoes and onions are roasting prepare vinaigrette. For the vinaigrette add ingredients in a small food processor or blender and blend until well combined. May also whisk ingredients together.
- Divide the salad ingredients amongst two plates or salad bowls.
- Toss gently with vinaigrette just before serving.
All photos and content are copyright protected. Please do not use our photos without prior written permission. If you wish to republish this recipe, please rewrite the recipe in your own unique words and link back to the source recipe here on The Real Food Dietitians. Thank you!
- Serving Size: 1 salad with serv. dressing
- Calories: 453
- Sugar: 21 g
- Sodium: 350 mg
- Fat: 21 g
- Carbohydrates: 40 g
- Fiber: 7 g
- Protein: 29 g