Begin your day with this dairy-free, totally delicious and frothy Cinnamon Coconut Latte.
This dairy-free, cinnamon coconut latte is a frothy, delicious, healthy and sugar-free alternative to those ‘foo foo’ coffee drinks.
While this coffee drink isn’t sweet per se it sure is creamy and frothy! Even better, it’s packed with nutritional properties that are gut-healing, metabolism boosting, and will keep you satisfied all morning long. You won’t find these perks in any other latte or coffee drink that you find at most coffee shops (sorry Starbucks!). But no sweat, because this latte is oh so easy to make. All you need are a few ingredients; organic coffee (decaf or regular), our go-to collagen peptides, and a blender. S
Adding collagen peptides to this cinnamon coconut latte takes this coffee drink to another level of healthiness…….and frothiness!
At The Real Food Dietitians we’re big fans of collagen. We aim to consume 2 tablespoons per day and this cinnamon coconut latte is an easy and delicious way to add collagen to your daily nutrition intake. Our favorite Vital Proteins collagen peptides provides protein and amino acids that support healthy skin, hair, nails and optimal digestive function. You can read more here on why we think collagen is so great.
Are you ready to start your day with a creamy delicious coffee drink that’s abundant in metabolism boosting fats and gut-healing collagen?
Awesome. It’s time to gather your ingredients, grab your favorite coffee mug, and blend up this gut-healing cinnamon coconut latte to try for yourself.
And if you’d like to add a tiny touch of sweetness, add just ½ – 1 teaspoon of honey or maple syrup but do try to keep added sweeteners at minimum if you’re focused on gut health.
- 12 oz. organic coffee
- 2 tsp. coconut oil (or coconut oil + 1 tsp. coconut butter)
- 1/2–1 tsp. ghee or unsalted grass-fed butter (for dairy-free option or if you’re allergic to dairy- add additional coconut oil)
- 1/4–1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut milk or almond milk (optional-adds more creaminess)
- 1/8 tsp organic vanilla extract
- 1 scoop Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides
- Brew coffee in a coffee maker or french press.
- While coffee is brewing, in a saucepan over medium heat (or microwave) melt and heat the coconut oil/butter, ghee and optional milk. This will help to keep your latte nice and hot.
- Pour 12 oz. of coffee in a blender, add the remaining ingredients and blend on high for 10-15 seconds until creamy and frothy.
- Pour in coffee mug and enjoy.
All photos and content are copyright protected. Please do not use our photos without prior written permission. If you wish to republish this recipe, please rewrite the recipe in your own unique words and link back to the source recipe here on Simply Nourished Recipes so credit is given where credit is due. Thank you!
- Serving Size: 1 latte (with dairy-free milk)
- Calories: 155
- Sugar: 0 g
- Sodium: 71 mg
- Fat: 13 g
- Carbohydrates: 1 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 9 g
Have you tried Bulletproof® coffee? We’d love to hear your thoughts!
Pin it now, Make it later!
This post contains affiliate links, which means we receive a percentage of the sale if you use the link to make your purchase. This does not change the price of the product. This income directly offsets the cost of web hosting and maintenance so we greatly appreciate your support!