- 4 salmon fillets (1-1 ¼ lbs.)
- ¼ tsp. salt
- cracked black pepper
- 1 tsp. olive oil
Grilled Elote-Style Vegetables:
- 4 small (or 2 large) ears of corn, husks removed
- 4 small zucchini, cut lengthwise into ‘planks’
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 3 ounces cotija cheese, crumbled
- Juice + zest of 1 lime
- 1 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Lime wedges for serving
- Optional: Sliced avocados for serving
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat (375-400℉)
- Brush salmon fillets with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Brush corn and sliced zucchini with oil then sprinkle with salt, pepper, cumin and chili powder.
- When the grill is hot, place the corn and zucchini over the hottest part of the grill and cook for 5-6 minutes or until zucchini is grilled marked and the corn is lightly charred. Rotate the corn and flip the zucchini, cooking another 5-6 minutes.
- Add the salmon fillets to the grill skin-side down and cook for 10-12 minutes or until flesh is no longer opaque and it flakes easily with a fork. When vegetables are tender and lightly charred, remove them to a plate (they may be done before the salmon is done depending on where they are on the grill).
- Cut corn kernels from the cob and dice grilled zucchini into ¼-inch cubes. Place in a bowl, toss with lime juice and zest, cotija cheese, and fresh cilantro. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed (salt, pepper, chili powder).
- Serve vegetables over salmon with lime wedges.
- Serving Size: ¼ recipe (without avocado)
- Calories: 463
- Sugar: 4g
- Sodium: 512mg
- Fat: 25g
- Saturated Fat: 6g
- Carbohydrates: 18g
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 44g