These Sweet Potato Avocado Brownie Bites are the answer to your chocolate craving prayers.
Today we’re sharing our favorite ooey-gooey, fudgy, chocolatey brownie bite recipe! Best of all, this recipe includes some true power foods that aren’t typically found in brownies: avocado and sweet potato (or pumpkin).
These grain-free Sweet Potato Avocado Brownie Bites make the perfect ending to your or your child’s packed lunch once or twice week. We say once or twice a week because even though these are a healthier treat….they’re still a treat – so moderation is important because we wouldn’t want you to develop a habit of having a treat after every.single.meal. This is a freezer-friendly recipe, so we recommend portioning out two or three brownie bites and freeze them in individual snack baggies for easy grab-and-go lunch box additions.
At Simply Nourished Recipes we do enjoy treats every once in awhile. In fact, we encourage them as long as you exercise some self-control and practice portion control. We never want you to feel restricted though, as that can lead to a poor relationship with food. In addition, we like to take a sugar-loaded dessert made with unhealthy oils and refined flours and re-create them so that they are nourishing and provide the body with some good too, while still tasting delicious. You’re going to love these brownie bites!
- Preheat oven to 350 °F. Line a mini-muffin tin with paper liners or grease with oil.
- Combine all of the ingredients in a blender, mixer or food processor, except for the chocolate chips.
- Blend the ingredients just until smooth.
- Fold in ¼ cup chocolate chips and optional walnuts.
- Fill each muffin well with batter. Top with remaining mini-chocolate chips.
- Bake in oven for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool for about 5 minutes. Transfer muffins to a wire rack to finish cooling before enjoying.
*Omit walnuts for Nut-free
**Store in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week or package 2-3 together and store in the freezer.
- Serving Size: 1 mini-muffin
- Calories: 71
- Sugar: 7g
- Sodium: 115mg
- Fat: 4g
- Carbohydrates: 9g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 1g
Comment below to let us know if you’d like to see more recipes like this one!
Pin now to make later!
This post contains affiliate links, which means we receive a percentage of the sale if you use the link to make your purchase. This does not change the price of the product. This income directly offsets the cost of web hosting and maintenance so we greatly appreciate your support.