Crunchy, nutty, Grain-free Gingerbread Granola is perfect for munching, gift giving and makes for a tasty topping on your favorite yogurt.
It’s that time of year when everything infused with pumpkin is replaced with gingerbread goodness.
This Grain-free Gingerbread Granola has the perfect crunch, the right amount of spice, a touch of sweetness and when baking in the oven it will fill your home with the most amazing, mouth watering smell. I can’t wait for you to try this recipe!
Last month Jess and I had one of our ‘workcations’ in Boulder (where Jess is from). We have them about 4x per year either in Minnesota (where I’m from) or Boulder. These 5-6 days together tend to be pretty packed and it has become a common theme that we almost always set unachievable goals of creating a dozen or more recipes, when in reality, it ends up being half of that. Luckily, this Grain-free Gingerbread Granola made the cut!
PS: during our last ‘workcation’ we were a bit occupied as we’re currently working on an exciting project that we will be sharing in January! And that’s all I’m going to say about that so stay tuned 🙂 Any guesses?
A healthy ‘giftable’ recipe!
Grain-free Gingerbread Granola makes for a delightful and tasty holiday gift! This year I plan to up my DIY/’pinteresting’ game and make several batches of this crunchy goodness to package in small mason jars with a snazzy holiday ribbon and name tags. The perfect gift for my dearest friends and family members!
For additional healthy ‘giftable’ recipes check out our Pecan Pie Truffles, Cherry Pecan Quinoa Granola, Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Energy Bites, Healthy Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies, OR grab a copy of our latest FREE eBook that includes 10 Healthy Holiday Treats.
Our Healthy Holiday Treats recipe eBook was made possible by our friends at Made in Nature who sponsored the eBook.Crunchy, nutty, Grain-free Gingerbread Granola is perfect for munching and gift giving. Click To Tweet
Grain-free Gingerbread Granola is studded to perfection with dried apples and crystalized ginger.
The addition of dried apples and crystalized ginger is totally optional but highly recommended. The apples add a pleasant level of tartness while the crystalize ginger give the granola some sassy kick. The burst of flavor that is created by the addition of these two ingredients takes this granola from good to freakin’ amazing!
For dried fruit, we love Made In Nature as all of their dried fruits are organic, non-gmo, made without artificial preservative, additives, colors or flavors. If you wish, you could substitute Made In Nature dried cranberries, apricots or plums.
- 1 cup raw almonds, chopped
- 1 cup raw cashews, chopped
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- ½ cup raw pumpkin seeds or sunflower seeds
- ½ cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 2 Tbsp. maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp. molasses
- ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp. ground ginger
- ⅛ tsp. ground allspice
- ⅛ tsp. ground cloves
- Pinch ground nutmeg
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla
- 1 bag (3 oz.) Made in Nature Apple Rings, chopped (~⅔ cup chopped)
- 1-2 Tbsp. chopped crystallized ginger (optional, but so good!)
- Preheat oven to 275°F.
- In a large bowl add almonds, cashews, pecans, pumpkin seeds and coconut.
- Heat coconut oil, maple syrup, molasses, cinnamon, ginger, allspice, cloves, nutmeg and salt over medium high heat in a large saucepan just until it starts to bubble. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla. Pour over the nut mixture and toss until coated entirely.
- Spread granola mixture evenly onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned tossing halfway through baking time. Remove from oven and add dried apples and crystallized ginger, pressing them lightly into the granola on the pan.
- Allow to cool for about 20 minutes or until hardened. Break apart granola. Store in an airtight container or mason jar for up to 2 weeks.
Pin now, make later!
This post contains affiliate links, which means we receive a percentage of the sale if you use the link to make your purchase. This does not change the price of the product. This income directly offsets the cost of web hosting and maintenance so we greatly appreciate your support.