For the Filling:
- 2 cups blueberries, washed and patted dry
- 3 cups sliced strawberries
- Zest + juice of ½ lemon (~1 tsp. juice)
- 2 Tbsp. maple syrup
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp. arrowroot starch
For the Topping:
- ½ cup almond flour
- 1 Tbsp. coconut flour
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¾ tsp. cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp. ground cardamom
- 3 Tbsp. cold unsalted butter or ghee*, cut into small pieces (we recommend Organic Valley butter and ghee)
- 1 Tbsp. maple syrup
- ¾ cup chopped pecans (raw or toasted)
*May substitute coconut oil for vegan option
- Preheat oven to 350℉.
- Grease 6 1-cup ramekins, an 8×8-inch glass baking dish or a cast iron skillet with coconut oil or butter. Set aside.
- Add blueberries and strawberries to a medium bowl. In a small bowl, whisk together lemon zest, juice, maple syrup, vanilla and arrowroot starch. Pour over berries and toss to coat evenly.
- Divide filling among ramekins or pour into baking dish. Set aside while you prepare the topping.
- Wipe out the bowl you just used for the filling and combine almond flour through cardamom. Add butter pieces and using a pastry knife or a fork, cut butter into the dry ingredients until mixture resembles coarse sand with some pebbles. Stir in maple syrup and pecans.
- Divide topping evenly amongst ramekins or spread in a single layer over filling in baking dish or skillet.
- Place ramekins or baking dish on a rimmed baking sheet (to catch any liquid that may bubble over) and bake 18-21 minutes for ramekins and 22-25 minutes for baking dish or skillet or until filling is hot and bubbling and topping is lightly browned.
- Remove from oven and allow to stand 20-30 minutes before serving.
All photos and content are copyright protected. Please do not use our photos without prior written permission. If you wish to republish this recipe, please rewrite the recipe in your own unique words and link back to the source recipe here on The Real Food Dietitians so credit is given where credit is due. Thank you!
- Serving Size: 1/6 recipe
- Calories: 230
- Sugar: 12g
- Sodium: 103mg
- Fat: 17g
- Carbohydrates: 20g
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 3g