- ½ cup raw slivered almonds
- 4 cups chopped cauliflower (or 4 cups riced raw cauliflower)
- ¼ cup ghee or coconut oil (we recommend Pure Indian Foods 100% Grass-fed Ghee)
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp. + 1 tsp. curry powder (we recommend Pure Indian Foods)
- ¾–1 tsp. sea salt or to taste
- ½ cup currants
- ½ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spread almonds out on a sheet pan and place in the oven until toasted, approximately 3-4 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside.
- Place cauliflower in the bowl of food processor affixed with an S-blade. Pulse a few times until it’s coarsely chopped and resembles the texture of rice. Set aside.
- Heat ghee or oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onions and sauté for 3-4 minutes, until they begin to soften. Add garlic, cauliflower, curry powder, and salt and cook for an additional 4-5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat and stir in almonds, currants, and cilantro.
Cook’s notes: Use orange cauliflower in this recipe, if available, to add additional color and carotenoids. If you don’t have a food processor, use the medium to large holes on a box grater to coarsely grate. Raisins can be substituted for currants, if desired.
AIP adaptation: Use coconut oil instead of ghee. Omit curry powder because it contains some spices derived from nightshades. Season with lemon or lime juice to taste.
All photos and content are copyright protected. Please do not