- 1½ cups Bob’s Red Mill Gluten-Free 1:1 Baking Flour
- 1/3 cup organic sugar (may sub coconut sugar)
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1½ tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 6 Tbsp. Organic Valley unsalted butter, chilled and cut into cubes
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- 1 large Organic Valley egg (or 1 flax egg for egg-free or egg-replacer)
- 1½ tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp. Organic Valley Grassmilk plain yogurt (not Greek-style)
- Preheat oven to 400℉. Line a large baking sheet with
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and pumpkin pie spice. Whisk to combine.
- Using two knives or a pastry cutter, cut cold butter into flour mixture until it resembles coarse sand.
- In a small bowl, combine pumpkin puree, egg, vanilla and yogurt. Whisk to combine.
- Add pumpkin mixture to dry flour mixture and stir with a large spoon until dough comes together in a soft, smooth ball.
- Using lightly floured hands, divide dough into 2 pieces, shaping each into a ball using a very light touch.
- Place dough a lightly floured surface and using your hands, gently flatten the balls into 2 disks, about ¾-inch thick. Cut each disk into 6 wedges with a knife or bench scraper.
- Transfer wedges to parchment-lined baking sheet spacing them out so they have room on all sides to expand slightly (this also prevents them from being doughy inside).
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until bottoms are lightly browned and tops appear slightly dry and cracked. Remove from oven, transfer scones to a wire rack to cool before icing.
- To make icing, whisk powdered sugar, milk, vanilla and pumpkin pie spice together in a small bowl until smooth. Drizzle over cooled or slightly warm scones and sprinkle with pecans (if using) before serving.
- Store leftover scones in an airtight container on the counter for up to 2 days or freeze for longer storage.
All photos and content are copyright protected. Please do not use our photos without prior written permission. If you wish to republish this recipe, please rewrite the recipe in your own unique words and link back to the source recipe here on The Real Food Dietitians. Thank you!
- Serving Size: 1 scone with ~1 Tbsp. glaze
- Calories: 180
- Sugar: 9g
- Sodium: 50mg
- Fat: 8g
- Carbohydrates: 25g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 3g