- 1¼ cups gluten-free all-purpose flour (may substitute regular all-purpose flour) (*see recipe notes)
- 2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup organic brown sugar (may sub coconut sugar)
- 2 whole eggs
- 1/4 cup oil (such as olive oil or avocado oil)
- 2 Tbsp. organic maple syrup
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (semi-sweet or dark)
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans (omit for nut-free)
- In a bowl, combine the flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda and salt. In a second bowl, combine the pumpkin puree, brown sugar, eggs, oil, maple syrup and vanilla; mix well.
- Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Fold in chocolate chips and pecans.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin wells ½ to ¾ full. A silicone muffin pan also works great.
- Bake at 375°F for 17-21 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes; remove from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
*For gluten-free all-purpose flour we like to use Bob’s Red Mill Gluten-free 1-to-1 Baking Flour or King Arthur Measure-for-Measure Gluten-free flour. Note: Coconut flour will not work in this recipe as the ratio is not 1-to-1 when substituting.
- Serving Size: 1 muffin
- Calories: 215
- Sugar: 14 g
- Sodium: 220 mg
- Fat: 11 g
- Carbohydrates: 30 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 3 g