- 1 large egg (see below in notes for egg-free option)
- ½ cup butter (salted or unsalted), softened
- ½ cup cane sugar (100 g)
- ⅓ cup brown sugar (56 g)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups gluten-free quick cook oats (190 g)
- 1/2 cup gluten-free flour blend (76 g)*
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon fine salt
- ½ cup chocolate chips (86 g) (for allergy-friendly we like Enjoy Life! Chocolate Chips)
- ⅓ cup chopped pecans (35 g)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease two baking sheets with butter or line with parchment paper; set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, with a handheld mixer (may also use a stand mixer or your muscles) cream together the egg, softened butter, cane sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla. Add the oats, flour, baking soda, and salt. Stir together or mix on low. Fold in the chocolate chips and chopped pecans.
- Scoop round spoonfuls (about 2 tablespoons in size or 1.5 ounces) and place 1 to 2 inches apart on the prepared baking sheets. Be sure to space cookies out as they will spread out. Ever so slightly flatten the dough mounds. Bake 12-16 minutes or until cookies are lightly golden brown on the bottom and edges.
- Remove from the oven and let cool on the baking sheet a few minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.
* Omit the egg and instead use a flax ‘egg’ by mixing 1 tablespoon of flax meal with 3 tablespoons water and letting it sit for 3-5 minutes to thicken
* We like Bob’s Red Mill Gluten-Free 1 for 1 Flour Blend, and King Arthur Gluten-Free Measure-for-Measure Flour Blend. You can also use regular all-purpose flour if you don’t need these cookies to be gluten free.
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 180
- Sugar: 12 g
- Sodium: 74 mg
- Fat: 9 g
- Saturated Fat: 4 g
- Carbohydrates: 23 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 2 g