- 2 eggs
- ⅔ cups milk of choice (dairy or non-dairy)
- ¾ cup cane sugar
- ¼ cup avocado oil (may substitute melted coconut oil or butter)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 3 cups gluten-free flour blend (we use Bob’s Red Mill 1-to-1 or King Arthur Measure for Measure)*
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Zest and juice of 2 lemons (about 1/4 cup juice and 1 tablespoon zest)
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- Optional: thin lemon slices for the top of the bread
For the Lemon Glaze:
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 350℉. Line a 9×5 loaf pan with parchment paper or spray with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, sugar, oil, vanilla and vinegar.
- Add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; fold together until combined.
- Stir in the lemon zest and juice (the batter will foam a little). Then fold in the blueberries.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan. If desired, add thin slices of lemon to the top of the batter before baking.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick in the center comes out clean. Let bread cool in the loaf pan for 10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
For the glaze:
- In a bowl, combine the powdered sugar and lemon juice until a smooth and thin glaze forms. Once the bread has cooled, drizzle the glaze on top of the bread, then slice and serve.
*If gluten-free is not needed, you can substitute an equal amount of unbleached all-purpose flour for the gluten-free flour
- Serving Size: 1 slice with glaze
- Calories: 214
- Sugar: 14g
- Sodium: 267mg
- Fat: 5g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Carbohydrates: 41g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 3g
- Cholesterol: 21mg