This Gluten-free Berry Fruit Pizza makes the perfect summertime dessert.
Fourth of July parties, grill-outs, picnics or potlucks – you can’t go wrong with this Gluten-free Berry Fruit Pizza.
This recipe is a perfect summertime dessert especially when you can pick berries for your own or a close by berry patch or purchase them at your local Farmers Market. And during the summer, it seems as if we’re all on the hunt for recipes that are short ingredient and are easy to make. It’s summer and we want to spend as much time outdoors taking advantage of the nice weather. So with less than 10-ingredients this recipe is quick to make and fun for the kids too. Go ahead and make the crust a day in advance so that all you have left to do is top the pizza. Easy peasy!
For a pretty presentation, slice the crust into squares before adding the toppings.
My trick in making each piece of Gluten-free Berry Fruit Pizza look nice and clean and not all messy after cutting it into square, is to slice the crust into squares first before adding any of the toppings. Remove from the pan and then add the toppings to each piece. You’ll impress your friends and family with not only how insanely delicious this fruit pizza is but also how beautiful each slice is. We all know how good it feels to be complimented on a recipe!
A dessert that’s high in antioxidants and fiber too.
It’s alway a bonus when you can eat a dessert that also comes with a few benefits. Berries are high in antioxidants, lower in sugar compared to other fruits, and high in fiber. A serving of this Gluten-free Berry Fruit Pizza provides 3 grams of fiber and just 7 g of sugar. Yup-I consider that a dessert win!
Change it up and use what’s in season.
Enjoy this fruit pizza all year round by simply substituting the berries with what’s in season. For example, apple slices, pear slices and cinnamon make a delicious fall fruit pizza. Get creative and have fun with this recipe!
This recipe is gluten-free, grain free and optional dairy-free and paleo-friendly.
Our goal as The Real Food Dietitians is to create healthy recipes for all to enjoy. So if you’re dairy-free or follow a paleo lifestyle you can enjoy this Gluten-free Berry Fruit Pizza too by simply substituting coconut cream (the thick part of canned coconut milk) or coconut/almond milk yogurt for the yogurt. I’ve made it both ways and I can confirm that both are crazy good!
For my vegan friends, you can do the same and in addition, substitute the one egg for chia or flax gel. And if you don’t use honey, maple syrup works too.
Are you ready to sink your teeth into this Gluten-free Berry Fruit Pizza? Gather those ingredients, turn on some tunes, and let’s get mixin’!
- ½ cup pecans, finely chopped
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2 Tbsp.coconut flour
- 1 whole egg (may substitute, chia or flax gel - 1 Tbsp. chia/flax + 2 Tbsp. water)
- 2 Tbsp. raw or local honey
- 1 Tbsp. coconut oilor butter, melted
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt or coconut cream or yogurt (coconut cream for paleo-friendly)
- 2 tsp. raw or local honey
- ¼ tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup berries of choice
- Optional toppings: pecans, coconut flake, chia seeds, pumpkin seeds, mini-chocolate chips, coconut butter drizzle, etc.
- Pre-heat oven 350 degrees.
- Grease 9 x 9 inch pan wth oil and set aside.
- In a bowl, combine the crust ingredients and mix. Once combined, press crust into 9 x 9 inch pan.
- Bake crust for 16-18 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool completely.
- Combine and mix together yogurt or coconut cream, honey, and vanilla extract. (Optional - slice into squares first and remove from pan before adding toppings). Spread over cooled crust and then top with berries.
- Add optional toppings if desired.
- Cut into 9 squares (if you haven't already) and enjoy!
Comment below and let us know what your favorite fruit pizza toppings are!
And if you’re looking for something a little lighter and a recipe that doesn’t require the oven – head on over to Nourish Move Love for her Watermelon Fruit Pizza Recipe! Love this idea! Photo by Lindsey from Nourish Move Love.
This post contains affiliate links, which means we receive a percentage of the sale if you use the link to make your purchase. This does not change the price of the product. This income directly offsets the cost of web hosting and maintenance so we greatly appreciate your support.