- 2 cups gluten-free flour baking blend (220g) (we use Bob’s Red Mill 1-to-1 or King Arthur Measure for Measure)*
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon fine salt
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted (65 g)
- ½ cup coconut sugar (65 g) or brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 ½ teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 4 spotted ripe bananas, mashed (about 1 ½ cups or 350 g)
- ¾ cup chocolate chips plus more for top
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9×5 loaf pan with cooking spray or line with parchment paper for easy removal.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Mix and set aside.
- In a medium bowl cream together the butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla until creamy. Then add to the dry ingredients along with the mashed bananas. Stir to combine well.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan, top with chocolates, and bake for 45-55 minutes or until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and let cool before slicing into 10-12 even slices.
*If gluten-free is not needed may sub unbleached all-purpose flour (250-260 g)
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 240
- Sugar: 14 g
- Sodium: 125 mg
- Fat: 11 g
- Saturated Fat: 6 g
- Carbohydrates: 37 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 3 g