Up your veggie intake with our Garlic Herb Chicken Veggie Skillet. Served over a bed of Cauliflower & Broccoli Riced Veggies.
It’s a little over a week into the New Year! Personal goals have been set, challenges have been started, resolutions have been made and self-motivation is at its peak! BUT before we get too far into the New Year, we want you to add one more challenge to your plate, literally and figuratively! We know, we know…you’re probably wondering, “How can I take on anymore in 2018?!” We promise that this one’s worth taking on because it’s a challenge that will create help you create a healthy habit – a habit that will last a lifetime and will likely support the other goals and resolutions you’ve already set for yourself.
So what’s the challenge?
We’re excited to be teaming up with Earthbound Farms & The FeedFeed to challenge consumers like you to incorporate more fresh, organic produce into their diet for 21 days! Starting today, we’ll be embarking on 21 days of eating more greens, incorporating cleaner habits into our everyday lives, and living a happier lifestyle. The idea of this challenge is that it takes at least 21 days to form a new habit. Each day we want you to incorporate a large serving of produce into at least 3 meals or snacks. Aim to have at least 2 different veggies (or fruit) with each meal. We recommend that you add a small square box to each day on your calendar so that when you’ve consumed enjoyed your 3 produce-filled meals or snacks, simply check off the box for that day and give yourself a pat on the back because you just did your body good!
More veggies means more micronutrients and more fiber!
Are you ready to join us in the 21 days to cleaner (and greener) habits challenge? That’s right, we’re doing it, too! You can sign-up for the challenge and download the free eBook and coupons here. AND while you’re at it, invite a friend or loved one to join the challenge, too!
Simple ways to incorporate more organic produce into your diet:
Before we set you on your way with the challenge, we’d like to share with you 5 simple and easy ways that will help you easily incorporate more organic produce into your diet.
- Try Riced Veggies, the newest product from Earthbound Farm. Like all Earthbound Farm products, Riced Veggies are Certified USDA Organic and non-gmo. They come in 3 different varieties including cauliflower, cauliflower and broccoli, and veggie medley and they’re packaged in 14-ounce resealable pouches for freshness. Riced Veggies make a great substitute for rice and other grains, as seen in our Garlic Herb Chicken Veggie Skillet, and even pasta. They can easily be mixed into soups and stews and they add a nice crunch to fresh salads. Oh, and have you tried blending Riced Cauliflower into smoothies?! Really the options are endless.
- Dip it up! Dips like guacamole, cauliflower hummus and homemade ranch makes eating veggies more fun and more delicious. Whip up a couple dips and serve them with your favorite veggies for a simple and healthy snack.
- Make roasted veggies a meal prep staple. Having roasted veggies on hand makes for an easy addition to scrambles, egg bakes, omelets and salads or you can reheat them and serve them as an easy side dish.
- Add extra veggies to soups, stews, chili and meat sauces. Examples of veggies to add – Riced Veggies, onions, peppers, zucchini, carrots, parsnips, greens, and cabbage. Don’t hesitate to increase the amount of veggies a recipe calls for. The more the merrier!
- Have fruit instead! Opt for replacing sugary sweets for dessert with a piece of fresh fruit or bowl of berries (or try frozen fruit for a budget-friendly way to enjoy fruits when they’re not in season).
A little about Earthbound Farm
We first want to thank Earthbound Farm for putting on this fun challenge and asking us to be a part of it by helping them spread the message. We can’t wait for you to up your intake of veggies with our Garlic Herb Chicken Veggie Skillet that features the Earthbound Farm Cauliflower & Broccoli Riced Veggies.
Last week, we had the opportunity to visit the Earthbound Farm Farm Stand in Carmel, California. We had the chance to tour the beautiful gardens, connect with fellow bloggers that are just as passionate about real food and healthy living as we are, make delicious salads and we learned about the incredible story behind Earthbound Farm. Earthbound Farm was founded by Drew & Myra Goodman in 1984 on a 2 ½-acre backyard garden in Carmel Valley, California, selling their first crop (organic raspberries) at a roadside stand (the one we visited). Earthbound Farm is now the #1 organic packaged salad brand in North America and produces an extensive line of organic fresh and frozen fruits and vegetables. Today, the brand benefits its consumers by inspiring healthier and happier living.
Garlic Herb Chicken Veggie Skillet served over Cauliflower & Broccoli Riced Veggies is quick to make and incredibly tasty.
Whether you’re Whole30’ing or not, you’ll want to add our Garlic Herb Chicken Veggie Skillet to your upcoming menu. It’s a meal that can be made and on the table in under 40 minutes, reheats nicely and is chock full of veggies, fiber and micronutrients. As an added bonus, you’ll get an adequate source of protein and healthy fats, making it a complete meal. For those of you who gravitate towards a lower carb style of eating, Garlic Herb Chicken Veggie Skillet fits the bill for that as well, thanks to it being served over a bed of Riced Veggies instead of pasta or grains.
Need a lil' dinner inspiration? Try this Garlic Herb Chicken Veggie Skillet @earthboundfarm Click To Tweet
It’s time to get cookin’ this Garlic Herb Chicken Veggie Skillet!
And don’t forget to sign-up for the 21-day Challenge!
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast, cubed
- 1 Tbsp. fresh rosemary (1 tsp. dried)
- ½ Tbsp. fresh thyme (1/4 tsp. dried)
- 2–3 Tbsp. olive oil or avocado oil, divided
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 8 oz. button mushrooms, sliced
- ½ medium red onion, sliced
- 4–5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup canned full-fat coconut milk (blend contents of can if separated)
- ½ lemon, juiced
- Sea salt & pepper
- 1–2 (14 oz.) bags of Earthbound Farm Cauliflower & Broccoli Riced Veggies
- In a medium bowl, add chicken, herbs, 1 Tbsp. oil and season with salt & pepper. Set aside to marinate while you prep the veggies.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, add 1 Tbsp. oil. Once hot, add the chicken. Cook for just a few minutes or until the chicken is seared on all sides.
- Next add the veggies (mushrooms, red pepper, red onion and garlic). Reduce heat to medium. Stir, cover, and let cook for 6-8 minutes or until veggies are tender, stirring occasional.
- Once the veggies are tender remove the lid. Stir in the coconut milk and lemon juice and season with salt & pepper. Let simmer for 5 minutes to allow some of the moisture to evaporate and the sauce to thicken slightly. Sauce will thicken more when removed from heat.
- Meanwhile, in another skillet over medium heat, add about a ½ Tbsp. oil. Once hot, add the Riced Veggies and sauté until tender.
- Serve the chicken and veggies over the sautéed Riced Cauliflower and Broccoli and top with additional fresh rosemary and thyme, if desired. Add additional salt & pepper if needed.
All photos and content are copyright protected. Please do not use our photos without prior written permission. If you wish to republish this recipe, please rewrite the recipe in your own unique words and link back to the source recipe here on The Real Food Dietitians. Thank you!
- Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe
- Calories: 362
- Sugar: 10g
- Sodium: 150mg
- Fat: 19g
- Carbohydrates: 20g
- Fiber: 7g
- Protein: 32g
What are some of your favorite ways to sneak in more produce? Comment below!
Pin now, make later!
This post was made possible by our friends at Earthbound Farms & The FeedFeed. Though we received compensation for this post, the opinions expressed here are – as always -100% our own. Thank you for supporting the great companies we work with thereby allowing us to continue creating great recipes and content for you.
This post contains affiliate links, which means we receive a percentage of the sale if you use the link to make your purchase. This does not change the price of the product. This income directly offsets the cost of web hosting and maintenance so we greatly appreciate your support.