- 1 lb. (16 oz) frozen pineapples
- 6 oz (¾ cup) orange juice (juice from 2-3 large oranges)
- 4 oz (½ cup) lime juice (juice from 3 limes)
- 8 oz (1 cup) tequila blanco (or silver)**
- 2 cups ice
- coarse salt or coconut sugar or mix
- Pineapple and/or lime wedges (for garnish)
- Juice the limes and oranges with a juicer or manual juicer.
- Add the juices, frozen pineapple, ice and tequila to a blender and blend until nice and smooth.
- To serve, rim four glasses with course salt or coconut sugar or a mix. To do this, pour a little coarse salt (or sugar or a mix) into a shallow bowl or dish. Take a wedge of lime and run it around the rim of each glass and invert the glasses, one at a time, into the salt and twist the glass back and forth a few times.
- Fill each glass with the blended margarita and enjoy.
- If you wish, add a lime slice and/or fresh pineapple triangle to the rim of the glass and top with a fresh mint leaf.
*Feel free to juice the limes and oranges up to 48 hours in advance. Store in a mason jar, in the fridge until ready to use.
**To make as a mocktail: Omit the tequila and replace with lime-flavored sparkling water
- Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe
- Calories: 235
- Sugar: 18 g
- Sodium: 0 mg
- Fat: 0 g
- Saturated Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 25 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 1 g