- 1 lb. ground chicken or turkey
- 1–2 tsp. avocado or coconut oil
- 8 green onions, sliced; white/light green and green parts separated
- 1 Tbsp. grated fresh ginger (may sub 1 tsp. ground ginger)
- 5 cloves garlic, minced (about 2 1/2 Tbsp.)
- 2 12-ounce bags Mann’s Broccoli Cole Slaw (May substitute broccoli slaw or bagged cole slaw mix of choice)
- ½ cup coconut aminos, plus more for serving
- 2 Tbsp. toasted sesame oil
- 2 Tbsp. rice vinegar
- ½ tsp. Chinese 5-spice powder (*see recipe note below)
- Optional: Sesame seeds and/or fresh cilantro
- In a bowl, combine coconut aminos, sesame oil, rice vinegar and Chinese 5-spice powder. Whisk to combine then set aside.
- Place a large skillet over medium heat. When pan is hot add the oil and white/light green parts of onions only, garlic and ginger. Stir fry for 2-3 minutes or until onions start to soften.
- Add ground chicken (or turkey). Use a spoon or spatula to break meat up into small pieces. Continue cooking 5-6 minutes, stirring occasionally, until meat is cooked through and no longer pink.
- Increase heat to medium-high. Add broccoli coleslaw and sauce (from step 1). Stir fry 6-7 minutes or until slaw is crisp-tender or to your liking.
- Stir in reserved sliced green onion tops. Remove from heat and garnish with sesame seeds and/or cilantro.
- Serve with additional coconut aminos or hot sauce, if desired.
*for the Chinese 5-spice powder, you may sub a pinch of cinnamon, cloves, fennel, star anise, and pepper OR just use what you have on hand of these spices.
- Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe (about 2 heaping cups)
- Calories: 305
- Sugar: 11g
- Sodium: 600mg
- Fat: 14g
- Carbohydrates: 19g
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 27g