Easy Egg Roll in a Bowl is a one-dish meal that’s made in less than 30 minutes and is chock full of all.the.veggies!
It’s healthy, it’s easy and it’s oh so delicious!
I’m all about easy meals that can be made and on the table in less than 30 minutes. Easy Egg Roll in a Bowl is the perfect recipe for when time is not in your favor and you need something quick. What I love most about this recipe is that it’s not only healthy and delicious but that it reheats ever so nicely. It’s the perfect recipe to include in your weekend meal prep because it makes for a satisfying, veggie-filled lunch in the days following. Bring on the veggies!
Broccoli Cole Slaw is an easy solution for boosting your intake of veggies.
One of our focuses for 2018, is to share recipes with you that are chock-full of veggies. Jess and I believe that everyone needs more veggies in their life! Mann’s Broccoli Cole Slaw (today’s sponsor) is the perfect solution with endless possibilities. Here are just a few ways I’ve been enjoying Broccoli Cole Slaw:
- Sautéing and adding to scrambled eggs. This is my new go-to breakfast!
- Mixing into salads.
- Making our Creamy Broccoli Slaw with Kale.
- Sautéing in coconut oil or ghee and serving it as a simple side dish.
Here’s a 60 second video to show you just how easy it is to make Egg Roll in a Bowl!
Comfort food with a healthy twist. The best!
In addition to sharing veggie-filled recipes, we’re also all about comfort foods turned healthy and we know you are, too! Egg Roll in a Bowl has all of the fried egg roll flavor we love but it’s made with much less sodium, a considerable amount of veggies and no frying needed. Traditionally, egg rolls are made with ground pork, but we lightened this recipe up and used ground chicken (or turkey) instead. However, if you wish, feel free to use ground pork to really get that traditional egg roll experience.
Coconut aminos instead of soy sauce.
As you saw in the video, one of the ingredients this recipe calls for is coconut aminos. If you have yet to try coconut aminos as a substitute for soy sauce, we recommend that you do. It’s a staple in both of our kitchens and an ingredient we use often. It’s an easy way to greatly reduce sodium, it’s Whole30-friendly, it’s flavorful (doesn’t taste anything like coconut) and it’s made with incredibly clean ingredients (coconut sap and sea salt). Two of our favorite brands are Coconut Secret and Big Tree Farms.
Are you ready to dig in’ and give this Easy Egg Roll in a Bowl a try?! I have a feeling you’ll be making this recipe again and again!
- 1 lb. ground chicken or turkey
- 1-2 tsp. avocado or coconut oil
- 8 green onions, sliced; white/light green and green parts separated
- 3 tsp. grated fresh ginger
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 12-ounce bags Mann’s Broccoli Cole Slaw
- 6 Tbsp. coconut aminos, plus more for serving
- 2 Tbsp. toasted sesame oil
- 2 Tbsp. rice vinegar
- ½ tsp. Chinese 5-spice powder
- Optional: Sesame seeds and/or fresh cilantro
- In a bowl, combine coconut aminos, sesame oil, rice vinegar and Chinese 5-spice powder. Whisk to combine then set aside.
- Place a large skillet over medium heat. When pan is hot add white/light green parts of onions only. Stir fry for 3-4 minutes or until onions start to soften.
- Add garlic and ginger and stir fry an additional 1 minute.
- Add ground chicken (or turkey). Use a spoon or spatula to break meat up into small pieces. Continue cooking 7-8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until meat is cooked through and no longer pink.
- Increase heat to medium-high. Add broccoli cole slaw and sauce (from step 1). Stir fry 6-7 minutes or until slaw is crisp tender or to your liking.
- Stir in reserved sliced green onion tops. Remove from heat and garnish with sesame seeds and/or cilantro.
- Serve with additional coconut aminos or hot sauce, if desired.
All photos and content are copyright protected. Please do not use our photos without prior written permission. If you wish to republish this recipe, please rewrite the recipe in your own unique words and link back to the source recipe here on The Real Food Dietitians. Thank you!
- Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe
- Calories: 305
- Sugar: 11g
- Sodium: 600mg
- Fat: 14g
- Carbohydrates: 19g
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 27g
Comment below and let us know your favorite ways to use Broccoli Cole Slaw?
Pin now, make later!
This post was made possible by our friends at Mann’s. Though we received compensation for this post, the opinions expressed here are – as always -100% our own. Thank you for supporting the great companies we work with thereby allowing us to continue creating great recipes and content for you.
This post contains affiliate links, which means we receive a percentage of the sale if you use the link to make your purchase. This does not change the price of the product. This income directly offsets the cost of web hosting and maintenance so we greatly appreciate your support.