- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp. coconut or avocado oil
- 3 cups cubed butternut squash, fresh or frozen
- 3 cups cauliflower florets, fresh or frozen
- 2 cups chicken broth (substitute vegetable broth for vegan)
- 1 ½ tsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Scant ¾ tsp. dijon mustard
- 1 – 1 ½ tsp. salt
- 3 Tbsp. nutritional yeast
- 16 ounces gluten-free pasta of choice
- In a medium saucepan with lid, melt oil over medium heat.
- Add onions and cook, stirring occasionally, until onions start to soften.
- Add garlic, stir and cook another 30 seconds to a minute or until garlic is fragrant.
- Add squash, cauliflower and broth and bring to a steady simmer.
- Once simmering, cover pan with lid and cook until vegetables are very tender, about 15-18 minutes. You may need to lower the heat slightly to maintain a steady simmer and prevent it from boiling.
- When veggies are very tender, transfer to a blender. Add remaining ingredients and blend until very smooth.
- Taste and adjust seasoning before pouring our your favorite cooked pasta (or roasted vegetables).
All photos and content are copyright protected. Please do not use our photos without prior written permission. If you wish to republish this recipe, please rewrite the recipe in your own unique words and link back to the source recipe here on The Real Food Dietitians. Thank you!
- Serving Size: 1/6th recipe
- Calories: 376
- Sugar: 7g
- Sodium: 340mg
- Fat: 7g
- Carbohydrates: 71g
- Fiber: 10g
- Protein: 12g