- 2 tsp. Organic Valley Butter or Ghee
- ½ lb. asparagus, ends trimmed and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 leek, end and dark green top removed and white to light green parts roughly chopped (about 2 cups)*
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ cup Organic Valley Feta Cheese, crumbled
- 8 Organic Valley Whole Eggs
- 2/3 cup Organic Valley Grassmilk
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- ¼ tsp. ground pepper
- Optional: fresh dill, chives or parsley
- Pre-heat oven to 375ºF. Grease a 10-inch round baking dish (11×7 inch baking dish works too). Set aside.
- In a large sauté pan, heat 2 tsp. butter or ghee on medium-high heat.
- Once hot, add asparagus, leeks and garlic to the pan and sauté for 6-8 minutes.
- Transfer sautéed vegetables to the greased baking dish; spread out evenly.
- Crack the eggs into a medium bowl, add feta, milk, optional herbs, salt and pepper and whisk well.
- Pour eggs over the vegetables and cheese. Top with cracked black pepper.
- Bake in oven for 20-24 minutes or until center is firm. Baking time will depend on size of baking dish.
- Once cooked through, remove from oven and let set for 5 minutes before serving.
- Top with fresh dill, chives or parsley if desire.
*After the leek has been roughly chopped, place in a colander and rinse under water to make sure all dirt is removed.
- Serving Size: 6 servings
- Calories: 180
- Sugar: 3 g
- Sodium: 450 mg
- Fat: 12 g
- Carbohydrates: 7 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 13 g