For the Potatoes:
- 1 lb. small red potatoes (about 1½ – 2 inches in diameter)
- 1 ½ Tbsp. ghee (may sub additional olive oil or avocado oil)
- 1 ½ Tbsp. olive oil or avocado oil
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- ¼ tsp. onion powder
- Coarse salt & cracked black pepper to taste
For the Garlic-Herb Oil:
- ¼ cup olive oil or avocado oil
- ½ cup loosely packed fresh parsley leaves
- 1 Tbsp. fresh rosemary
- 1 Tbsp. fresh thyme
- 1 small clove garlic
- ¼ tsp. salt
- Preheat oven to 450℉.
- Cook the potatoes using your desired method – stovetop or Instant Pot (See Notes below)
- Place the hot potatoes on a cutting board and lightly pat them dry using a clean kitchen towel or paper towel then transfer them to a parchment-lined rimmed baking sheet. Toss hot potatoes with ghee (if using), oil, garlic powder, and onion powder, rolling them around the pan to coat them on all sides.
- While the potatoes are still hot, use a glass with a flat bottom (a coffee cup will also work) to gently press down on potatoes to flatten them until they are about ½-inch thick.
- Place the pan in the oven on the middle rack and bake for 28-30 minutes or until potatoes are lightly golden brown on the underside and crisp on the edges. Remove from the oven and sprinkle with coarse or flaky sea salt and cracked black pepper.
- Drizzle the potatoes with garlic-herb oil just before serving or serve it on the side for dipping.
How to Cook the Potatoes:
- Stovetop – Fill a large pot with water. Add potatoes and bring to a boil over high heat, reducing the heat as needed to keep the pot from boiling over. Cook potatoes for 18-22 minutes or until tender and easily pierced with a fork. Cooking time will depend on the size of the potatoes and how vigorously the water is simmering/boiling.
- Instant Pot – Add 1 cup water to the bottom of the Instant Pot. Add the metal rack/trivet or a steaming basket and add potatoes on top. Secure the lid and cook for 12-15 minutes or until potatoes are tender. If potatoes are not fork-tender after releasing the pressure and removing the lid, lock the lid back into place and add 1-3 minutes of cooking time.
- Serving Size: ~3 oz. potatoes + 1½ Tbsp. oil
- Calories: 301
- Sugar: 2g
- Sodium: 312mg
- Fat: 21g
- Saturated Fat: 8g
- Carbohydrates: 25g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 4g