For the Wings
- 3 lbs. chicken wings, ‘flats’ and ‘drummies’ (About 36 pieces; thawed if frozen, then drained and patted dry)
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder (NOT BAKING SODA) – **Whole30 substitute: 1 tsp. baking soda + 2 tsp. cream of tartar**
- 1 tsp. sea salt
For the Sauce
- Preheat oven to 250℉. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with foil. Place a baking/cooling rack on the baking sheet and set aside.
- Place chicken wing parts in a large bowl. Sprinkle with baking powder and sea salt. Toss well to coat.
- Arrange chicken on the baking/cooking rack in a single layer so that pieces are not touching one another (use a second pan with rack, if needed).
- Place pan in oven and cook chicken for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, turn the oven temperature to 425℉ and continue cooking for another 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, rotate the pan and cook an additional 20 minutes or until chicken is crispy and lightly browned.
- While the chicken is baking, prepare the sauce by combining all of the sauce ingredients in a small saucepan over medium heat. Once ghee is melted, whisk to combine and remove from heat.
- Transfer cooked chicken pieces to a shallow container (such as a 9×13-inch pan) and drizzle with ½ of Buffalo sauce. Toss to coat.
- Serve remaining sauce with wings or save for another use. May also serve with Homemade Paleo Ranch Dressing for extra dipping pleasure.
All photos and content are copyright protected. Please do not use our photos without prior written permission. If you wish to republish this recipe, please rewrite the recipe in your own unique words and link back to the source recipe here on The Real Food Dietitians. Thank you!
- Serving Size: About 6 wings
- Calories: 509
- Sugar: 0g
- Sodium: 955mg
- Fat: 37g
- Carbohydrates: 9g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 34g