For the Wings:
- 3 lbs. chicken wings, ‘flats’ and ‘drummies’ (About 36 pieces; thawed if frozen, then drained and patted dry)
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder (NOT BAKING SODA) – **Whole30 substitute: 1 tsp. baking soda + 2 tsp. cream of tartar**
- 1 tsp. salt
For the Sauce:
- ⅓ cup ghee or butter* (use coconut oil for dairy-free)
- ½ cup hot pepper sauce (such as Frank’s Red Hot)
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Pinch of cayenne pepper (optional; adds more heat)
- Preheat the oven to 250℉. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with foil. Place a baking/cooling rack on the baking sheet and set aside.
- Place the chicken wing parts in a large bowl. Sprinkle with baking powder and salt. Toss well to coat.
- Arrange the chicken pieces on the baking/cooking rack in a single layer so that pieces are not touching one another (use a second pan with a rack, if needed).
- Place the pan in the oven and cook for 30 minutes at 250℉.
- After 30 minutes, increase the oven temperature to 425℉ and continue cooking for another 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, rotate the pan and cook an additional 20 minutes or until the chicken is crispy and lightly browned.
- While the chicken is baking, prepare the sauce by combining the ghee, hot pepper sauce, vinegar, garlic powder, paprika, salt, and cayenne (if using) in a small saucepan over medium heat. Once the ghee or butter is melted, whisk to combine and remove from heat.
- Transfer cooked chicken pieces to a shallow container (such as a 9×13-inch pan) and drizzle with ½ of Buffalo sauce. Toss to coat.
- Serve remaining sauce with wings or save for another use. May also serve with Homemade Paleo Ranch Dressing for extra dipping pleasure.
* Use ghee or coconut oil for Whole30
- Serving Size: About 6 wings
- Calories: 500
- Sugar: 0g
- Sodium: 955mg
- Fat: 37g
- Carbohydrates: 1g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 34g