- 12 ounces uncooked pasta of choice (use gluten-free, if needed)
- 3 (5-ounce) cans Bumble Bee Solid White Albacore Tuna in Water or Bumble Bee Chunk White Albacore in Water, drained
- 8 ounces mushrooms, stems removed and thinly sliced
- 1 small yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 ½ Tbsp. olive oil
- ¼ cup panko breadcrumbs (use gluten-free, if needed)
- Optional: fresh parsley, chopped
For the Cream Sauce:
- 2 cups raw cashews
- 6 cups boiling water
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- 3 large cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 ½ cups plain, unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tsp. salt + more to taste
- Pinch of black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375℉.
- Place the cashews in a large bowl and cover with boiling water. Put a lid, a plate, or a pan over the bowl and set aside to soak*
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook pasta according to package directions, until al dente, adding the frozen peas to the cooking water when 1 minute of cooking time remains. Drain and set aside.
- While the pasta cooks, place a large oven-proof skillet over medium-high heat. Add olive oil and when the oil just starts to shimmer, add onions and mushrooms. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 7-8 minutes or until onions are soft.
- Add the drained pasta, peas, and tuna to the skillet with the vegetables.
- Make the cream sauce by adding soaked and drained cashews, nutritional yeast, garlic cloves, lemon juice, almond milk, and salt to the container/jar of a high-powered blender. Place lid on the blender and blend until smooth very smooth (about 1 minute), stopping to scrape down the sides of the container as needed.
- Pour the cream sauce over the pasta-veggie-tuna mixture and gently stir to combine. Taste and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Sprinkle panko crumbs over the top of the pasta mixture and bake for 15 minutes or until the sauce is bubbly and breadcrumbs are lightly browned.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle with chopped parsley, if desired.
*Cashews will blend best if you let them soak for 30 minutes if you’re not using a high-powered blender
- Serving Size: ~ 1 ¼ cups
- Calories: 425
- Sugar: 9g
- Sodium: 480mg
- Fat: 17g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Carbohydrates: 45g
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 28g