A satisfying and easy weeknight meal that’s chock-full of veggies, Creamy Buffalo Chicken Casserole is a gluten-free, dairy-free, low-carb and Whole30-friendly recipe.
This recipe is sponsored by our friends at Tessemae’s!
Upgrade your dinner menu with this Creamy Buffalo Chicken Casserole.
A hearty, warm and flavorful dish. I love casseroles this time of year and being from Minnesota, it’s a dish that has some pretty strong roots – also known as a “hot dish.” Whatever you choose to call it, this Creamy Buffalo Chicken Casserole is truly a must try. It’s made with a combination of tender chicken (shredded or cubed), cauliflower rice, onion, red pepper, carrots and is held together with the most creamy and flavorful sauce made of buffalo sauce, mayo and eggs. Can you say comforting? You can choose your level of heat by adding a Mild Buffalo Sauce or Hot Buffalo Sauce. For family friendly, I recommend sticking with a mild sauce.
Confused about poultry labeling? Check this post out to learn all about how to choose the best chicken in the grocery store.
Made with Tessemae’s Buffalo Sauce.
We partnered with our friends at Tessemae’s to bring you this incredibly delicious Creamy Buffalo Chicken Casserole featuring buffalo sauce. While making your own buffalo sauce is always an option, we love the convenience of Tesseame’s Buffalo Sauces. With two levels of heat (Mild and Hot), you can choose what suits your preferences. The buffalo sauces are made with only clean ingredients and are Whole30-approved, have no sugar-added, are dairy-free, gluten-free and vegan-friendly. Best of all, they’re packed with flavor and definitely a staple in my house!
Serve it up with your favorite side.
You really can’t go wrong no matter what you serve with this Creamy Buffalo Chicken Casserole. In fact, you really could just serve it on its own as it’s complete with plenty of satisfying protein and fats. However, if you want to add a little bit more to the plate, you have options. To keep this recipe lower in carbs, I recommend serving it with a green veggie such as broccoli, green beans, Brussels or a side salad. With that said, my ultimate favorite way to serve this recipe is over a baked potato or sweet potato. It adds a little starch (and fiber) to the meal and is so so comforting and delicious!A satisfying and easy weeknight meal that's chock-full of veggies - Creamy Buffalo Chicken Casserole is a gluten-free, dairy-free, low-carb and Whole30-friendly recipe. @tessemaes Click To Tweet
Don’t forget the drizzle of ranch!
The pairing of Buffalo sauce and ranch is a combo that’s adored by many! Adding a drizzle to your serving of Creamy Buffalo Chicken Casserole is really a no brainer. It adds both creaminess and flavor to this recipe and really takes it to the next level. Tessemae’s Ranch is another staple in my house. I love the creamy texture, the flavor (the best) and the ingredients it’s made of. Many people also like the combination of blue cheese and buffalo sauce. So if that’s your thing and you’re not in need of a recipe that’s dairy-free (or Whole30), you could also add a sprinkle of your favorite blue cheese crumbles.
It’s time to give this Creamy Buffalo Chicken Casserole a try!
Oh and before I forget, this recipe is also freezer-friendly. So if you’re looking to stock your freezer with some tasty meals to enjoy in the future, this recipe is perfect for that!
- 1¼–1½ lbs. chicken breast, cooked and shredded (~3 heaping cups cooked shredded)
- 1 Tbsp. cooking fat of choice
- 3 cups cauliflower rice, fresh (such as Taylor Farms, Eat Smart, Cece’s Veggie Co., or Earthbound)
- 2 medium carrots, diced
- 1 small red pepper, diced
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1½ tsp. garlic powder (or 3–4 garlic cloves, minced)
- 1 tsp. dried parsley
- Dash of salt and pepper
- 3/4 cup Tessemae’s Buffalo Sauce (or homemade buffalo sauce)
- ⅓ cup mayo
- 2 whole eggs
- For the top: Tessemae’s Ranch (or homemade ranch), hot sauce or additional buffalo sauce, and sliced green onion
- Preheat oven to 375ºF. Grease a 3-4 qt. casserole dish (9 x 13 also works) and set aside.
- In a large pan over medium-high heat, add oil. Once oil is hot, add the cauliflower rice, carrots, red pepper, yellow onion, garlic powder, dried parsley, and a dash or salt and pepper. Sauté, stirring occasionally, until onions are translucent and veggies are partially cooked through – about 10-12 minutes. Adjust heat as necessary. Transfer to the casserole dish.
- While veggies are sautéing, in a bowl, combine the buffalo sauce, mayo and eggs.
- In the casserole dish, mix together the veggies, chicken and sauce. Spread out evenly.
- Bake uncovered for 20-25 minutes or until center is set.
- Remove from oven and drizzle with ranch, hot sauce or additional buffalo sauce, sliced green onion and black pepper. Serve hot.
- Serving Size: 1/8 of recipe
- Calories: 325
- Sugar: 3 g
- Sodium: 620 mg
- Fat: 23 g
- Carbohydrates: 8 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 21 g
Pin now to make later!
Photo Credit: The photos in this blog post were taken by Jess of Plays Well with Butter.
This post was made possible by our friends at Tessemae’s. Though we received compensation for this post, the opinions expressed here are – as always -100% our own. Thank you for supporting the great companies we work with thereby allowing us to continue creating great recipes and content for you.
This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
All photos and content are copyright protected. Please do not use our photos without prior written permission. If you wish to republish this recipe, please rewrite the recipe in your own unique words and link back to the source recipe here on The Real Food Dietitians. Thank you!