- 2 cups cooked chicken, diced or shredded
- ¾ cup loosely packed curly kale, chopped
- ½ cup halved or quartered grape tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons fine diced red onion
- 2 green onion, thinly sliced, white, and light green parts
- ⅔ cup fresh, frozen, or canned corn (for roasting see notes below)
- 2 tablespoons chopped smoked almonds or dry-roasted almonds
- ⅓ cup mayo
- 2 tablespoons BBQ sauce, more to taste
- Salt and pepper to taste
Optional for serving: top with green parts of green onion, extra almonds, small cheese cubes or shredded cheese (omit for dairy-free), and quartered or halved grape tomatoes. Serve with a lime wedge and extra bbq sauce if desired.
- In a medium bowl, combine all of the ingredients. Stir to mix well.
- Serve chicken salad over a bed of greens, in a lettuce leaf, wrapped in a tortilla, or on top of gluten-free crackers.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Optional step: Roast the corn. Set oven to 425℉. Place corn on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Toss with 1-2 tsp of oil. Season with salt and pepper. Roast for 10-20 minutes until corn is roasted to your liking, tossing half way through.
- Serving Size: about 1 cup or 1/4 of recipe
- Calories: 310
- Sugar: 3 g
- Sodium: 300 mg
- Fat: 20 g
- Saturated Fat: 2 g
- Carbohydrates: 10 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 27 g