- 2 medium apples, sliced (fuji, gala or honey crisp work great)
- 2 medium (8-9 oz. each) sweet potatoes, peeled and sliced into 1/8th-1/4-inch. rounds
- 3 Tbsp. ghee or butter, divided (for vegan-friendly, sub coconut oil)
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- Sea salt
- Optional – 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- Optional – 2 Tbsp. pure maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 375℉.
- In a 9×13 inch casserole dish, combine the sweet potatoes, apples, 2 Tbsp. melted ghee or butter, water, and cinnamon.
- Mix until apples and sweet potatoes are evenly coated.
- Cover with foil and bake in the oven for 40 minutes.
- After 40 minutes, remove foil, add optional pecans, stir and bake for an additional 10-15 minutes or until sweet potatoes are cooked through to your liking.
- Remove from oven, toss or drizzle with 1 Tbsp. melted ghee or butter and dash with cinnamon and a little sea salt.
- Optional – Drizzle with a little maple syrup and top with additional chopped pecans.
- Serving Size: 1/6th of recipe
- Calories: 130
- Sugar: 9 g
- Sodium: 75 mg
- Fat: 5 g
- Carbohydrates: 22 g
- Fiber: 4 g
- Protein: 1 g