- 1 lb. Pederson’s Natural Farms No Sugar Chorizo
- 1 Tbsp. ghee (we recommend Pure Indian Foods ghee)
- ½ medium yellow onion, finely diced
- ½ red bell pepper, finely diced
- 3 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 2 lb. button mushrooms with stems removed (reserve ½ stems for filling)
- 2 cups fresh spinach or greens of choice, chopped
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped + more for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350℉. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Finely chop ½ of reserved mushrooms stems (discarding any woody pieces).
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt ghee. Add mushrooms and saute until they start to release moisture.
- Add diced onion and bell pepper. Continue to cook, stirring occasionally, until onion starts to soften. Add garlic and cook an additional 30 seconds.
- Remove skillet from heat, add chopped greens and parsley and stir to combine. Allow filling to cool slightly before adding chorizo. Use your hands or a large spoon to mix the vegetable mixture into the chorizo.
- Using a spoon or your hands, scoop a bit of chorizo mixture into each mushroom, mounding each slightly.
- Bake in a 350℉ oven for 25-30 minutes or until filling is cooked through and mushrooms are tender.
- Arrange on serving tray and garnish with additional chopped parsley if desired.
All photos and content are copyright protected. Please do not use our photos without prior written permission. If you wish to republish this recipe, please rewrite the recipe in your own unique words and link back to the source recipe here on The Real Food Dietitians. Thank you!
Note: We only test the recipes with the listed ingredients and measurements, unless otherwise noted. If you would like to try a substitution, you are welcome to share what you used and how it turned out in the comments below. Thanks!
- Serving Size: 3 pieces
- Calories: 125
- Sugar: 1g
- Sodium: 187mg
- Fat: 8g
- Carbohydrates: 3g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 8g