Dazzle your guests with these anything-but-ordinary Chorizo Stuffed Mushrooms.
This post is sponsored by our friends at Pederson’s Natural Farms.
What’s worse than a bad party?
A good party with bad snacks. Or snacks you can’t eat.
Life with food allergies and sensitivities makes navigating social situations difficult at times. I know. I’m ‘that person’ that relentless quizzes the host about what’s in the food. But not always. Sometimes I can just tell something was made with eggs. Baked goods are almost always a no-no for me, as are quiches and salads with creamy dressings. And dips too. You never know where mayo may be hiding. Being the one standing around with an empty plate (or worse, a plate a raw veggies without dip) has given me a whole new perspective when it comes to entertaining. I now make it a point when I entertain to prepare a variety of appetizers that are allergy-friendly. It’s hard to hit all eight major allergens (wheat, soy, corn, eggs, milk, fish/shellfish, tree nuts and peanuts) in one dish that everyone will love so I try to make a few things that are free of one or more of the big eight if I don’t know my guests allergies. I also label everything because I know how awkward it is to be the ‘questioner’ and I just want people to gather and enjoy themselves and the spread I’ve prepared.
Now you don’t have to pass on the good stuff
Whether it’s allergies, sensitivities or a Whole30 that has you avoiding grains, dairy, soy, legumes or sugar or anything else you’re going to love these little Chorizo Stuffed Mushroom bites of amazingness. They’re so festive and fun. And hard to stop at just one.
And with just a handful of ingredients and only 15 minutes of prep time, it’s easier than you think to put out a rock star spread at your next party.
It’s what’s inside that matters most
Of course, that couldn’t be any truer when we’re talking allergies. But even if you’re allergic to nothing what’s in the food you’re eating should matter, right?!
That’s why I love, love, love the No Sugar Chorizo from Pederson’s Natural Farms. It’s made with pork raised without antibiotics or growth hormones, is minimally processed, contains no artificial ingredients or preservatives, no added nitrates or nitrites, no gluten, no lactose, no MSG, and NO sweeteners. Plus it’s perfectly seasoned and lower in sodium than other brands.
You can get the entire line of Whole30-approved Pederson’s Natural Farms products in select stores and online at The Simple Grocer (plus FREE shipping!)
Now you can confidently serve an appetizer your guests will love. And if there aren’t any parties in your near future, don’t fret. These make a great breakfast served alongside a heap of sautéed greens and a side of fruit. Just make them up on your prep day and reheat and eat for a quick meal. Now everyday is a party!
- 1 lb. Pederson’s Natural Farms No Sugar Chorizo
- 1 Tbsp. ghee (we recommend Pure Indian Foods ghee)
- ½ medium yellow onion, finely diced
- ½ red bell pepper, finely diced
- 3 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 2 lb. button mushrooms with stems removed (reserve ½ stems for filling)
- 2 cups fresh spinach or greens of choice, chopped
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped + more for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350℉. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Finely chop ½ of reserved mushrooms stems (discarding any woody pieces).
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt ghee. Add mushrooms and saute until they start to release moisture.
- Add diced onion and bell pepper. Continue to cook, stirring occasionally, until onion starts to soften. Add garlic and cook an additional 30 seconds.
- Remove skillet from heat, add chopped greens and parsley and stir to combine. Allow filling to cool slightly before adding chorizo. Use your hands or a large spoon to mix the vegetable mixture into the chorizo.
- Using a spoon or your hands, scoop a bit of chorizo mixture into each mushroom, mounding each slightly.
- Bake in a 350℉ oven for 25-30 minutes or until filling is cooked through and mushrooms are tender.
- Arrange on serving tray and garnish with additional chopped parsley if desired.
All photos and content are copyright protected. Please do not use our photos without prior written permission. If you wish to republish this recipe, please rewrite the recipe in your own unique words and link back to the source recipe here on The Real Food Dietitians. Thank you!
Note: We only test the recipes with the listed ingredients and measurements, unless otherwise noted. If you would like to try a substitution, you are welcome to share what you used and how it turned out in the comments below. Thanks!
- Serving Size: 3 pieces
- Calories: 125
- Sugar: 1g
- Sodium: 187mg
- Fat: 8g
- Carbohydrates: 3g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 8g
What’s your favorite appetizer when it comes to entertaining? Share in the comments below!
Pin now to make later!
This post was made possible by our friends at Pederson’s Natural Farms. Though we received compensation for this post, the opinions expressed here are – as always -100% our own. Thank you for supporting the great companies we work with thereby allowing us to continue creating great recipes and content for you.
This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.