- 1 cup chocolate chips (~160 g), divided (Lily’s Chocolate Chips for low sugar option)
- ½ cup natural creamy peanut butter (~140 g)
- 1 ½ tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. virgin coconut oil
- 2 ¼ cups almond flour (~245 g)
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar (~50 g) (monk fruit or allulose for low sugar option)
- ¼ cup cocoa powder (~25 g)
- 3 scoops Peanut Butter Primal Kitchen Collagen Fuel or Collagen Peptides (~50 g)
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 3 whole egg
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking liner.
- In a small saucepan over medium-low heat. Combine ⅔ cup chocolate chips, peanut butter, vanilla and coconut oil. Stir continuously just until melted and smooth (you don’t want the chocolate to be too hot). Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a medium bowl mix together the almond flour, sugar or sweetener, cocoa powder, collagen, baking powder and salt.
- To the bowl add the melted chocolate and eggs. Mix to combine well. Fold in the 1/3 cup of chocolate chips.
- With a cookie scoop, scoop the dough (about 2 Tbsp.) and drop onto the prepared baking sheets. You will end up with about 20-24 cookies.
- With hands press dough to form cookies. Dough will not spread out much with baking. Top each cookie with a couple of additional chocolate chips if you wish. Slightly press them into the dough.
- Bake cookies in the preheated oven for 9-11 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool on the baking sheets for 10 minutes.
- Optional: drizzle cookies with melted chocolate and/or peanut butter drizzle. To make chocolate drizzle – melt ¼ cup chocolate chips with 1 teaspoons coconut oil over medium-low heat stirring continuously until smooth. To make peanut butter drizzle – melt 1 teaspoon coconut oil with ¼ cup creamy peanut butter stirring continuously until smooth. Drizzle cookies.
*If using allulose or monk fruit the grams of sugar per cookie = 1 gram.
**For a limited time, when you buy Primal Kitchen Peanut Butter Collagen Fuel, you’ll get a canister of Collagen Peptides for FREE (plus free shipping)! That’s a savings of $34.95! A deal you won’t find anywhere else. Click here to purchase.
- Serving Size: 1 cookie (made with Lily's Chocolate Chips)
- Calories: 170
- Sugar: 6g
- Sodium: 70mg
- Fat: 12g
- Carbohydrates: 10g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 7g