No-bake, chocolatey, nutty cookie dough bites are made with just 7 ingredients! A paleo & vegan-friendly recipe.
No-bake treats for the win!
I have concluded that baking just isn’t my thing. Okay, let me rephrase that…it’s not that I don’t like to bake. In fact, I love to bake. I just prefer to follow a recipe versus create my own. Through my 2 years of blogging, I have found that creating baked good recipes takes
a lot a TON of patience, trial and error before I can share the recipe with the world (aka: on the blog). When I get a wild hair and commit to creating a baked good recipe, it’s not uncommon that I end up tweaking and re-making the recipe 6 or 7 or 10 times. It’s honestly a little exhausting, typically ends in me telling myself I’m never sharing a baked good recipe on the blog again, and results in a ton of treats laying around just waiting to be consumed (or tossed in the garbage if they’re real bad)! So it’s either a bellyache waiting to happen OR a lot of food wasted…no bueno.
With that said, no-baked treats are my jam! They’re much less fussy, they’re quick to make and equally delicious. You’re going to love these No-Bake Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bites!No-bake Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bites are made with just 7 ingredients! Click To Tweet
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough bites were inspired by….
The other week, I was making my Pale0 Chocolate Chunk Almond Butter Cookies and as I was snacking on the totally edible egg-free dough, I thought how delicious would this be rolled in a ball and dipped into chocolate?! Sometimes I have to think long and hard about the next recipe I’m going to share with you, and then other times it just comes to me. With a little tweaking of the Paleo Chocolate Chunk Almond Butter Cookie dough, I was able to make the dough the perfect texture, sweetness and taste and where the dough didn’t need baking and was easily rollable. Top that off with a little chocolate dunking action and you’ve got yourself the most delicious Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bites.
A great addition to your assortment of Holiday treats!
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bites will make a great addition to your assortment of Holiday treats. They can be made in less than 30 minutes and they’re insanely delicious! In fact, they remind me so much of the flavor and texture of my all-time favorite candy….a Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup! Speaking of peanut butter, I used Old Home Foods Natural Peanut Butter in this recipe but if you’d like to make them peanut-free/paleo friendly, by all means you can use any nut butter of your choosing.
I love freezer-friendly recipes. One’s you can make a few weeks, sometimes months in advance and enjoy later. My freezer is stocked full with Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bites. They’ll be the perfect contribution to the overflowing treat trays at all of my Holiday gathering, along with Pecan Pie Truffles.
Now it’s time for you make a batch of these Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bites!
PS: even though this recipe is gluten-free, grain-free, dairy-free, egg-free, paleo & vegan friendly and shared on this blog….they’re still a ‘treat’ my friend. In other words, enjoy 1, not 6 😉
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cupcoconut sugar (or organic cane or date sugar)
- pinch of sea salt
- 1/2 cup peanut butter (substitute almond butter or cashew for paleo)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil or coconut butter, melted but not hot
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup mini chocolate chips
For the chocolate coating:
- In a medium bowl, combine all of the ingredients except for the mini chocolate chips. Mix well until dough starts to come together.
- Next, fold in chocolate chips.
- Line a small pan or a 9 by 13 dish with parchment paper. Roll dough into 24 small round bites.
- Place cookie dough bites in the freezer for 10-15 minutes.
- Just before removing the cookie dough bites from the freezer, make the chocolate coating. In a small sauce pan or double boiler over medium heat, combine3/4 cup mini chocolate chip and 1 tsp. coconut oil and stir until melted and smooth.
- Drop the cookie dough bites in the chocolate one-by-one and cover completely. Remove and set back on the pan covered with parchment.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
All photos and content are copyright protected. Please do not use our photos without prior written permission. If you wish to republish this recipe, please rewrite the recipe in your own unique words and link back to the source recipe here on The Real Food Dietitians. Thank you!
- Serving Size: 1 bite
- Calories: 143
- Sugar: 10g
- Sodium: 33mg
- Fat: 10g
- Carbohydrates: 13g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 2g
I’d love to hear if you give this recipe a try!
Pin now, make later!
This post contains affiliate links, which means we receive a percentage of the sale if you use the link to make your purchase. This does not change the price of the product. This income directly offsets the cost of web hosting and maintenance so we greatly appreciate your support.