- 1 lb. ground chicken (preferably dark meat/thigh)
- 2 green onions, white and green parts, thinly sliced
- 1 chipotle pepper, canned in adobo sauce, chopped (seeds removed for less heat if desired)
- 2 Tbsp. almond flour (may replace with oat flour or finely ground oats for nut-free)
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- ⅛ tsp. black pepper
- 1 cup finely shredded Organic Valley Mild or Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- Optional: Gluten-free buns, lettuce leaves, a bed of greens, sliced red onion or Quick Pickled Onions, tomatoes, avocado and/or mayo for topping and serving.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.*
- Place ground chicken, green onions, chipotle pepper, almond flour, garlic powder, salt and pepper in a bowl. Mix with a large spoon or your hands to combine.
- Add shredded cheese and mix again to distribute cheese throughout.
- Divide chicken mixture into 4 portions and pat into patties about ½-inch thick. Wetting your hands with a little water will make this easier.
- When the grill is hot, cook burgers 5-6 minutes on each side or until no longer pink in the center or an instant-read thermometer reads 165℉.
- Remove burgers from the grill, serve on buns, lettuce wraps, over a bed of greens, etc. with desired toppings.
*Burgers can also be cooked on the stove in a skillet or broiled in the oven. Cooking time will vary depending on the method used. Cook until no longer pink in the center or an instant-read thermometer reads 165℉.
All photos and content are copyright protected. Please do not use our photos without prior written permission. If you wish to republish this recipe, please rewrite the recipe in your own unique words and link back to the source recipe here on The Real Food Dietitians. Thank you!
- Serving Size: 4 ounces
- Calories: 243
- Sodium: 534mg
- Fat: 11g
- Carbohydrates: 3g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 33g