For the Salad:
- 3 cups thinly sliced Napa or green cabbage*
- 1 cup thinly sliced red cabbage*
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup sugar snap peas, thinly sliced
- 3 green onions, white and green parts, thinly sliced
- 3 cups cooked, shredded chicken
- 1 cup orange segments (use a 12- to 15-ounce can of mandarin oranges in 100% juice, drained well, or supreme an orange, or cut fresh orange segments into chunks)
- 1 cup fresh cilantro leaves, stems removed, leaves roughly chopped
- ⅓ cup slivered or sliced almonds, toasted
- Optional: Black and/or white sesame seeds for garnish
For the Dressing:
- In a large bowl, combine cabbage, carrots, sugar snap peas, green onions, and cooked chicken. Toss well to combine.
- In a small bowl or jar combine all of the dressing ingredients. Whisk or shake well to combine. Pour over salad just before serving.
- Gently stir in oranges, cilantro, and toasted almonds. Sprinkle with sesame seeds, if desired.
*May substitute one 12-ounce bag of coleslaw mix for the green and red cabbage and add an additional ½ cup of shredded carrots or snow peas to create the same volume.
**May substitute 1 ½ tablespoon of low-sodium soy sauce, shoyu, or tamari (gluten-free) mixed with 1 ½ tablespoons water for the coconut aminos
- Serving Size: 1 cup (1/8th of recipe)
- Calories: 188
- Sugar: 5 g
- Sodium: 329 mg
- Fat: 12 g
- Saturated Fat: 2 g
- Carbohydrates: 9 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 12 g
- Cholesterol: 30 mg