For the Salad:
- 3 cups thinly sliced Napa cabbage (may substitute green cabbage)*
- 1 cup thinly sliced red cabbage*
- 1 cup shredded carrots (look for pre-shredded carrots in the produce aisle)
- 1 cup sugar snap peas, thinly sliced
- 1 cup fresh cilantro, leaves separated from stems and roughly chopped
- 3 green onions, white and green parts, thinly sliced
- 1 cup oranges (peeled and cut into chunks. ‘supremed’ or a 12-15 oz. can mandarin oranges in 100% juice, drained well)
- ⅓ cup slivered or sliced almonds, toasted
- 3 cups cooked, shredded chicken (or 1¼ lbs. raw chicken breast cooked using our method for Perfect Chicken Breasts or Easy Instant Pot Shredded Chicken)
- Optional: Black and/or white sesame seeds for garnish
*May substitute one 12-ounce bag of bagged coleslaw mix for cabbage and add an additional ½ cup carrots or snow peas if desired.
For the Dressing:
- Combine cabbage, carrots, sugar snap peas, onions, and cooked chicken in a large bowl. Toss well to combine.
- In a small bowl (or jar) combine dressing ingredients. Whisk or shake well to combine. Pour over salad just before serving.
- Gently stir in oranges, cilantro, and almond. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and enjoy.
All photos and content are copyright protected. Please do not use our photos without prior written permission. If you wish to republish this recipe, please rewrite the recipe in your own unique words and link back to the source recipe here on The Real Food Dietitians. Thank you!
- Serving Size: 1/6th recipe
- Calories: 324
- Sugar: 10g
- Sodium: 214mg
- Fat: 18g
- Carbohydrates: 15g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 27g